PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to share

MrsJ88
07-26-2013, 09:46 PM
I see a counselor once a week and this week she gave me some tips to help when I'm having anxiety.... One, she had me draw while she read a visualization to me, she talked about this wonderful beach scene so while she spoke, I drew. It was very relaxing to draw/color. Second, she read another visualization to me about the Forest, this time I was to close my eyes and really imagine myself there, and it was relaxing as well. You can find these visualizations on YouTube... They are nice (for me at least.. Everyone is different) She also told me to take a lavender bath every night and that is very calming and has been working to relax me before bed time. Another thing she recommended was having scents throughout my home that I love (for me this is fall scents such as pumpkin, apple crisp, cinnamon, etc) I have these smells in my Scentsy melts throughout my home. Lastly she told me to listen to music that I like and that's relaxing to me... (For me that's Frank Sinatra, Michael Bublé, etc)

Things I've tried on my own for anxiety:

I take a multivitamin daily
I take vitamin D3 daily
I eat sunflower seeds a couple times a week (should every day but forget sometimes)
Try to get out at least once a week and walk around the mall

I am no where near cured... These things just help either when I'm panicking or having anxiety. It's a daily struggle for me but I'm hopeful.

Lin
07-27-2013, 01:37 AM
Really good these things are working for you. I use essential oils and when head not too bad they do help me.
I also take vitamin D3 but not noticed any difference yet.
Another thing you can try as well as visualisation, which is really good, is mindfulness and meditation. You can download lots free to use or there are some really good books to buy with CDs attached.