PDA

View Full Version : Eye phobia causes me DEPRESSION

gaogwl
10-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Eye phobia causes me DEPRESSION

Mental problem always not single.

I know eye phobia is a kind of social phobia, but it also causes me depression.

I was suffering from eye phobis early in 2002. I can't control my eye sight before other person. I dond't where to look. I there's a man or woman before me ,I can't help looking at him/her , or even turn my head to look side away. I can't look other face to face, so they misundrstand me.

No one love me. I'm so lonely. And no company needs me. I learnt web site making by my self. I hope I can earn money from site. I dodn't know whether I will be ok. Any one help me? any one love me? .....

Phil
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
How do you know you have this condition of 'eye phobia'? Perhaps all you need is your self esteem boosted, which could mean you getting out and about saying hello to the odd person here and there. You know, just doing these little things may begin to aid your self confidence a little. Instead of which you appear to be spending too much time in front of your computer!
Eye phobia tends to be "a persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of eyes". It is said that its quite common, but i'm not so sure. My advice would be to visit the doc for possible treatment with drugs initially. They then should calm you and give you a better perspective on your life.
There are people out there that promise non medical self help but I feel a course of meds may just do the trick.

Regards, Phil

antsycat
11-02-2007, 12:27 AM
I see that it is truly painful for you to look into people's eyes. Looking into people's eyes can by overwhelming because so much emotion can be conveyed through the eyes or conjured up in your own mind. This seems to be the trigger to your anxiety. Perhaps, you can begin practicing some desentization with someone that you feel comfortable with, maybe a friend or relative. Then, you can gradually move onto people who you are less comfortable with. I would advise praticing looking at people's forehead because it's fairly neutral and close enough to the eyes to make the "faux" eye contact seem natural.

First, practice looking at your friend's/relative's forehead when talking to him or her and make a habit of doing so. When you feel comfortable doing that for about a week or two, then move on to someone else who you know, but not as well as your friend/relative. Practice looking at his/her forehead when talking to him/her until you feel completely comfortable with him/her for a week or two. Then, move onto someone slightly less familiar, and so on and so on. Eventually, you may be able to move onto two people, then three people, then a group of people.

Desensitization takes a long time and lots of commitment and patience. Good luck to you and let us know how you're doing. :)