PDA

View Full Version : Describe your symptoms when having an attack...

rhar
07-25-2013, 04:09 PM
• Weird head sensation like someone is squeezing my brain

• weird woozy feeling almost like feeling drunk

• feel like I'm going to pass out

• feel like when I get up to walk my legs won't work

• unbalanced like tipping to one side

• fidgety - can't sit still

Just wanting to get the hell out of the situation!!!!

Rickk90
07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Dizzy
Racing Heart
And crazy cold hands

anthonyjbro760
07-25-2013, 07:17 PM
I get those symptoms all day sometimes

frankzito
07-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Dizzy, heart racing, warm chest area, upset stomach, chills, uncontrolled shaking.

rhar
07-25-2013, 08:10 PM
I get those symptoms all day sometimes

Me too Anthony... All day long! It's exhausting

anthonyjbro760
07-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Right now I'm getting the hard to swollow feeling keep thinking somthings wrong with my esphogous

ADD
07-25-2013, 09:26 PM
• Weird head sensation like someone is squeezing my brain

• weird woozy feeling almost like feeling drunk

• feel like I'm going to pass out

• feel like when I get up to walk my legs won't work

• unbalanced like tipping to one side

• fidgety - can't sit still

Just wanting to get the hell out of the situation!!!!

I feel the same way!!

ac17
07-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Same exact sensations! Now heart palpitations to that list. That's what I've been dealing with for the past two days...ugh

Shepard
07-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Lightheaded, off balance, short of breath, fast heart rate, palpitations, fidgety, legs weak, feel like I'll pass out..

alfred24
07-26-2013, 01:12 AM
When I've experienced attacks I get fidgety also. My hands start to tremble and I can't even write my name on a piece of paper. I've had the feeling that my legs are going to stop working too but only during a panic attack.

rhar
07-26-2013, 03:43 AM
They all seriously suck to try and deal with all day long!!! It's scary and exhausting!!!

aclockworkrystn
07-26-2013, 09:49 AM
Pressure feeling in head, especially in my temples

Warm sensation on chest and back

Feeling of surreal-ness, out of touch with reality

Vision issues... Blurred vision or feeling like I need to squint

Weakness

Racing heart

Nervous stomach/nausea/gas/diarrhea/cramps

Chest pain/tightness

Sweaty palms

Unable to sit still

Numbness in hands or feet

'Weak in the knees' feeling, like my legs are going to give out

Shortness of breath/excessive yawning (or trying to)

Depth of perception seems off

I don't always feel every one of these during an attack but these are the most common for me.

vic
07-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Some times i don't get a full on panic attack I will just feel strange symptoms I get but not all at once but will get them. Very tierd. Weak. Dizzy. Vision goes bright or blurred or close up. Head ache that stings or numbness. Sweating feet that go cold nd can make me shiver. Brain none stop. Thinking. Stomach pain. But have IBS so that gets worse. Feeling like I can't make decisions. Mind block on what I want rarely get racing heart but when I go in full blown panic heart races ears and face burn can't swallow with fear and panic :( it's a crapy illness that we all need to kick in the arse ;))

jessy
07-26-2013, 10:48 AM
Tight chest

Shaky inside & out
Throat closing up like a ball In my throat & I can't swallow.
Gasping for breath.
Intense headache
Dizzy
Weak
Legs feel like jelly
Pins & needles type sensation all through my body.
Sick & sometimes I am sick
Wobbly
Dots in front of my eyes
Ringing in my ears
Very jumpy
Pains in my chest
Unable to relax /sit still .
Fidgety

Blessed
07-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Tight chest

Shaky inside & out
Throat closing up like a ball In my throat & I can't swallow.
Gasping for breath.
Intense headache
Dizzy
Weak
Legs feel like jelly
Pins & needles type sensation all through my body.
Sick & sometimes I am sick
Wobbly
Dots in front of my eyes
Ringing in my ears
Very jumpy
Pains in my chest
Unable to relax /sit still .
Fidgety

What's the longest your has lasted. Mines been two straight days

rhar
07-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Mine can last for days.. Everyday I have at least one symptom and have for over a year now :(

frankzito
07-26-2013, 02:26 PM
I feel completely perfect right now, but It will change

oopsiedoop
07-26-2013, 02:35 PM
I get them all day too. Nearly all day, every friggin day. It starts when I wake up. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing that day, because it's all a blur and I can't focus. Then I start to focus on what is urgent for me to do that day, and start to panic about that. What could go wrong. If there's nothing urgent, I panic because I'm supposed to be doing something but don't want to do anything because if I do, I will panic about it. Last session with my therapist she said I "let" anxiety control me. I have heard similar things from anxiety gurus. But I don't LET it, IT just automatically kicks in. Deep breathing, progressive relaxation helps not at all. My mind races from thing to thing and the problems in all of them. This is no way to live.

rhar
07-26-2013, 02:42 PM
I get them all day too. Nearly all day, every friggin day. It starts when I wake up. I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing that day, because it's all a blur and I can't focus. Then I start to focus on what is urgent for me to do that day, and start to panic about that. What could go wrong. If there's nothing urgent, I panic because I'm supposed to be doing something but don't want to do anything because if I do, I will panic about it. Last session with my therapist she said I "let" anxiety control me. I have heard similar things from anxiety gurus. But I don't LET it, IT just automatically kicks in. Deep breathing, progressive relaxation helps not at all. My mind races from thing to thing and the problems in all of them. This is no way to live.

Totally can relate!!!
My anxiety is powered by me thinking something is really wrong with me.. When I get the weird head feeling or a moment of dizziness, my stomach drops and panic creeps in. It's a never ending cycle. Makes me want to scream!!!

jessy
07-27-2013, 06:49 AM
The longest it's lasted full whack is a few days at my worst 3/4 days with tiny snippets of rest bite in sleep .
There is not a single day goes by where I don't have anxiety x

sazaroo
07-27-2013, 06:56 AM
I totally can relate to most of you. Mine starts in a morning and when i finally fall asleep thats the only time i get a break from it, my life is about anxiety, not a way to be living my life :( xoxo

rhar
07-27-2013, 07:00 AM
The longest it's lasted full whack is a few days at my worst 3/4 days with tiny snippets of rest bite in sleep .
There is not a single day goes by where I don't have anxiety x

Same, I can't even remember what it's like to feel normal

jessy
07-27-2013, 07:31 AM
Me neither

Normal ????
Happy ???
I've no idea how that feels