PDA

View Full Version : getting a tattoo

octopus
07-25-2013, 10:21 AM
So im planning to get my first tattoo next Thursday. I really want it but im really nervous. Im having a friend go with me too. In situations that are new to me i tend to get really nervous and panicy and feel i might pass out. Any tips?

aclockworkrystn
07-25-2013, 11:16 AM
I worked in a tattoo shop for 3 years as a piercer and have been tattooed myself many times. My best advice is to eat a good meal beforehand and bring a water and maybe a juice or Gatorade and a snack. Depending on how long your session is, you might get a break to grab something to eat. It's not common that clients would pass out so try not to worry :) have fun!

laurentellez
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Tattoos are fun. I only have 1 but it was a great experience :)

Shepard
07-25-2013, 05:55 PM
The pain will take your mind off of your anxiety, haha. I've had both my inner forearms done while dealing with anxiety and felt fine during both.

octopus
07-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I'm getting a tattoo of an ant. which will be drawn by my father.

octopus
08-01-2013, 06:53 AM
Today is the day!

aclockworkrystn
08-01-2013, 07:21 AM
Good luck! Have fun! You will do great

str8trippin
08-01-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm preparing to get my first hopefully soon as well...horrified of needles, but for some reason it feels very important to me. I chose something pretty small, but people keep telling me that where I'm getting it (inside of my wrist) is one of the most painful places, so that scares me a little. I keep telling myself that if I can have a baby (which was very traumatic for me) I should be able to get a tattoo without a problem!

aclockworkrystn
08-01-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm preparing to get my first hopefully soon as well...horrified of needles, but for some reason it feels very important to me. I chose something pretty small, but people keep telling me that where I'm getting it (inside of my wrist) is one of the most painful places, so that scares me a little. I keep telling myself that if I can have a baby (which was very traumatic for me) I should be able to get a tattoo without a problem!

I have many tattoos in different places on my body and the wrist was most definitely not the most painful! And yes, from my experience at the shop, mothers take the pain best out of most other clients. Lol

str8trippin
08-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I have many tattoos in different places on my body and the wrist was most definitely not the most painful! And yes, from my experience at the shop, mothers take the pain best out of most other clients. Lol

Good to know! The tattoo I'm getting is maybe like an inch and a half by a half inch (not solid, just a couple of words), so it's not like it's something that will take hours and hours...I've put it off for so long because it terrifies me that I might not be able to handle it, but I think I've finally decided just to go for it. Is getting tattoos as addictive as people say?

aclockworkrystn
08-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Good to know! The tattoo I'm getting is maybe like an inch and a half by a half inch (not solid, just a couple of words), so it's not like it's something that will take hours and hours...I've put it off for so long because it terrifies me that I might not be able to handle it, but I think I've finally decided just to go for it. Is getting tattoos as addictive as people say?

Oh that won't even take too long then, any pain will be over before you know it! For most people yes it's pretty addictive... Once you realize you can handle your first one, you start thinking of what else you want to get lol

str8trippin
08-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Oh that won't even take too long then, any pain will be over before you know it! For most people yes it's pretty addictive... Once you realize you can handle your first one, you start thinking of what else you want to get lol

I think I'll be okay if I have someone to talk to or listen to my iPod or something. And I won't be surprised if it ends up being addictive for me; I already have other tattoos I know I want, I've just never been able to overcome the fear, so I think once I do that, it'll be all over with! Everyone thinks this sounds incredibly corny but I feel like I am meant to have tattoos, I just don't...so I think it'll happen.

catchaneye
08-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Iv got a few tattoos. Dont be scared. It will be over before you know it. But if you are anxious don't add unneeded stress if you don't feel comfortable doing it. You v got all the time in the world
Also im so addicted now :D

jhunter89
08-03-2013, 12:36 PM
How did it go? I really want a tattoo aswell but I am sooo afraid of pain and I think I'd pass out or throw up lol

samb1155
08-03-2013, 02:51 PM
I have two tattoos neither of which hurt, it just feels like pulling, it can get annoying! I won't more ink soon! I would love my whole back done in something pretty :-) and a sparrow on my thigh