PDA

View Full Version : Success story!

Stephj526
07-24-2013, 09:13 PM
So today I faced one of my biggest anxiety fears. In October, I had my first panic attack while at a baseball game. I've been avoiding going back to the stadium for fear it will happen again.

Tonight, we had plans for a group of 16 of us to go to a game. I couldn't turn down $5 Cardinal tickets!

So I went. I was nervous. I felt the panic try to take hold at one point, but I played a game on my phone to distract myself. Then I just enjoyed it. Sure, I have no voice now. And I have a headache. But I lived through something that has always been my favorite thing to do, that's I've been terrified to do again.

I just wanted to share a happy story, hope you are all having a great day! Oh, ps, we won!

frankzito
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Good for you! Face your fear. Cardinals? We might be neighbors lol I'm in Missouri

laurentellez
07-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Go Astros lol jkjk .Astros suck!

Stephj526
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Good for you! Face your fear. Cardinals? We might be neighbors lol I'm in Missouri

Nice! I live about 30 minutes or so from the stadium.

Stephj526
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Go Astros lol jkjk .Astros suck!

Lol yes they do. But we kicked the Phillies butt tonight!

frankzito
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
Nice! I live about 30 minutes or so from the stadium.

That's funny , I live in hazelwood lol

Stephj526
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM
That's funny , I live in hazelwood lol

That's too funny, half my family lives there. I'm in St. Peters

frankzito
07-24-2013, 09:32 PM
That's cool! I'm working in ohmes farms right now by church on the rock. Never thought I would ever see anyone that close. Anxiety is high in Missouri lol

solta
07-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Really good to hear that you faced your fear and ended up having a great day :) I wish you a great day today, too!

Ahlstrom
07-25-2013, 01:06 AM
Nice! I'm going to see Black Sabbath live in concert tomorrow and every concert I've been to I've been having a panic attack... There's going to be so many people at this concert, I've been panincing for an hour!

Stephj526
07-25-2013, 07:47 AM
Nice! I'm going to see Black Sabbath live in concert tomorrow and every concert I've been to I've been having a panic attack... There's going to be so many people at this concert, I've been panincing for an hour!

Just remember that you've survived all of them before even with panic attacks. So if one happens, remind yourself it's only temporary and just let it pass so you can go back to enjoying yourself. Hope you have a great time!

Stephj526
07-25-2013, 07:48 AM
That's cool! I'm working in ohmes farms right now by church on the rock. Never thought I would ever see anyone that close. Anxiety is high in Missouri lol

I always wondered if anyone else lived in MO, never really thought someone would be less than 30 minutes away. LOL.

Applecherry
07-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Good for you, facing your fears. That's the thing about going out in public when you feel anxiety, it's that "no escape" feeling. "I'm trapped, where am I gonna go if an attack hits me? I can't run to my bed and bury my head under the pillow!".. Gah, it's awful. but in truth, an attack can hit you anywhere, even at home.. so that's why you can't ever pin point when you're gonna get hit and avoid a particular place or situation because of it. It all depends on the level of stress you're going through at a certain time I think. but in most cases you are more likely to get an attack out in public.. Right now, I HATE having to leave my house because I'm so upset about some stress going on right now.. but a few months ago, I was just fine going out and shopping, it was fun.. but now that's changed again, and I have been feeling this way since about mid June, I wish it would clear up again. I dealt with it in February and March, and it cleared up in April, but now it's back.. :(