PDA

View Full Version : garlic and anxiety

mylove9080
07-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Well i been taking raw garlic for the past two days (i know gross) but i only take it becuz it helps with the immune system and my throat has been hurting and it helps. So i took it today and for somereason right when i took it i got fatigue and ny heart started beating fast and couldnt even walk good cuz i felt short of breath. I dont know if it was an anxiety/panic attack or a reaction to the garlic. Im scared to even go across the street wt if i feel short of breath.

mylove9080
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Please anybody? I have a bad sore throat and my chest is hurting and i feel short of breath.

MrsJ88
07-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Please anybody? I have a bad sore throat and my chest is hurting and i feel short of breath.

I've never had a reaction to garlic... I eat it a lot cause I love it. I do feel how you're describing though on a daily basis due to my anxiety. Like I live in a small home and can't even walk to the bathroom without being out of breath sometimes. It's scary and sucks. I also get brief stabbing chest pains at least once a day.

MrsJ88
07-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Try a hot tea with lemon for the sore throat.

Stephj526
07-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Well i been taking raw garlic for the past two days (i know gross) but i only take it becuz it helps with the immune system and my throat has been hurting and it helps. So i took it today and for somereason right when i took it i got fatigue and ny heart started beating fast and couldnt even walk good cuz i felt short of breath. I dont know if it was an anxiety/panic attack or a reaction to the garlic. Im scared to even go across the street wt if i feel short of breath.

I've never had a reaction to garlic, but I've had that feeling before with my anxiety. Once I was out of breathe just from walking from my bed to the bathroom. And that's about 10 feet. Then another time while walking to my car, not far either. I was so afraid to go shipping because it would happen again. But it was just my anxiety. Once I got past those feelings, I am suddenly able to take my dogs for walks, and normal life again. Be patient, you will also learn over time the annoyances of anxiety and learn how to beat it. But just know its not the garlic, but the anxiety. But do ask your doc if you should eat that much garlic. Maybe try Vitamin C instead.