PDA

View Full Version : Your success / getting better stories

solta
07-24-2013, 02:30 AM
I've been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for the past, well, I'd say four years (I'm 25) but after all the lifestyle changes I've made I feel like life is so much better now. I haven't had a panic attack in months and even when one was about to start it didn't last for longer than a minute or two. There are a lot of days when I can just be and even think about my anxiety without getting anxious. Boredom and being alone is what usually gets to me but I feel like when I've found a solution to those the anxiety would be finally dealt with. Since I've gotten better I know that everyone else can do that too.

I'd like to start a positive thread and read about how you've gotten better. If you're struggling a lot then write about the last good day you had or maybe about the things that are good in your life. Keeping a positive attitude even in the midst of all this has really made a difference for me so I thought a thread where we could read about all the positive things in people's lives would help us feel better. You could write about what made you happy today, what kinds of foods/supplements/excercises/meds made you take a step forward, tips to help other people etc.

As I said, I'm really happy about all the progress I've made in the past few months. Now I'd like to hear from you :)

Ryaan
07-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Still waiting for my "Success" story.

MrsJ88
07-24-2013, 11:00 AM

Still waiting also

Amanda93
07-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Me tooo :( we will all have 1 one day

solta
07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Me tooo :( we will all have 1 one day

Of course you will. I tried to think about all the good things about my day every single time I went to bed and it really helped. I was hoping that reading about the best bits about people's days would brighten up our days :)

Amanda93
07-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Of course you will. I tried to think about all the good things about my day every single time I went to bed and it really helped. I was hoping that reading about the best bits about people's days would brighten up our days :)

I have good days .. things are.looking up but I got to stay positive :)

solta
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I have good days .. things are.looking up but I got to stay positive :)

Being positive really helps. I know it might sound weird that I talk to myself before I go to bed but I've noticed that it has made a difference. On a side note, I'm going on a fishing trip today and even though I've been a bit anxious about it, now all that has passed and I can just focus on the fact that its going to be a fun trip. Going to the middle of nowhere is a bit scary but I have tried to focus on other things since I know nothing bad that's actually real is going to happen.