PDA

View Full Version : Help! Tired of feeling this way

talific
07-23-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm new to this forum, I just felt I had nowhere else to go. This year has been miserable. I started a Masters program in September and it's just made my anxiety so bad. I was seeing a psychologist earlier this year, but my insurance only covers one more visit this year. I just have so much work, but I'm either too anxious or unmotivated to do it and I end up having to do everything last minute. Right now, for instance, I should be working on a presentation I have to do tomorrow, but I just feel like crap.

I just want this feeling to go away. Last night I was feeling anxious, for no particular reason, and I once again just started crying because I'M SO SICK OF FEELING THIS WAY. It feels like nothing I do helps. I try to use coping methods like breathing exercises or what not, but it does NOTHING. I just feel so hopeless. My fiance has been amazing through all this, but there's only so much he can do. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Kay16
07-23-2013, 01:40 PM
This might sound crazy, i just learned this myself. Instead of pushing your anxiety away or trying to reassure yourself everything is fine, which only makes things worse, try accepting it. Let the anxiety be there and become familiar with the feeling sounds crazy but make your anxiety your friend. It doesn't make it go away but can make daily life more bearable... sorry your going through this ivr been struggling for 3+ years and i know you cant live in the past or get consumed in the future you really have to take it one day a time. Best luck

rainbow1
07-23-2013, 03:27 PM
This might sound crazy, i just learned this myself. Instead of pushing your anxiety away or trying to reassure yourself everything is fine, which only makes things worse, try accepting it. Let the anxiety be there and become familiar with the feeling sounds crazy but make your anxiety your friend. It doesn't make it go away but can make daily life more bearable... sorry your going through this ivr been struggling for 3+ years and i know you cant live in the past or get consumed in the future you really have to take it one day a time. Best luck

I agree you have to try not to be afraid of how you feel. The panic of fear from how horrible it is makes it worse. I got through a degree with same symptoms and hope one day to do a masters. I wish I had realised that students are lazy and bored and do there work last minute just like I did mine last minute because it had to be done or fail.... Except I waited and waited because I didn't believe in myself and got so worked up it was awful. I thought everyone else was normal and could just do the work.... Truth is we're all the same just on various levels.... Like a spectrum..... Good luck and just try your best when you are ready and try to enjoy it...