PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

Stephj526
07-22-2013, 06:29 PM
About an hour ago I felt like I was having palpitations, and now I have this strong, steady pain in my chest (left side) that goes back to my shoulder.

I'm also increasing my Lexapro right now, and am trying to decide if it could be a symptom or just anxiety. But it sure feels real right now.

And I'm scared.

Danny1986
07-22-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi Steph,i suffer greatly with anxiety chest pain and there are a few telltale signs its anxiety,1.if the pain moves around 2.if the pain is coming and going and 3.if the pain is short and stabbing.although i have had similar pains to yours,generally anything like this is impossible to ignore : (. Try to hold it together hun as fretting makes alot of negative thoughts start running.if you are in serious pain go to an emergency room and don't think to leave it if the pain is serious as a doctor is the only one able to tell if its anxiety or something else.I have been 4 times and every time the doctors say its better to come in and get the reassurance you need if anything else.hope this helps!

leetbulldog
07-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Relax Hun, I get the same pains aswell.. Try to relax.. I k ow it's tough but you can do it.. We have to be strong ! If i can do it, you can aswell hang in there :)

Stephj526
07-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Thanks guys. It helps to read the reassurance. I was feeling better for a while, but it's starting again. Which makes lean more towards anxiety. But still bothers me.

Stephj526
07-22-2013, 10:34 PM
And now it's in my left arm behind my elbow. Chest pain comes and goes, but the pain in my arm hurts. I'm afraid to sleep.

Stephj526
07-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Every time I try to fall asleep, I feel jump and jerk away. Stupid body.

laurentellez
07-22-2013, 10:52 PM
I absolutely hate them jerks... More annoying than anything...