PDA

View Full Version : Why am I so hard on myself?

Sourcon33
07-22-2013, 10:11 AM
I feel like I am constantly judging myself. Regardless of what I do whether it be good or bad I am always judging what I do. I am always extremely hard on myself and when I do one thing wrong I beat myself up for it all the time. I try and tell myself not to be so hard on myself but I feel like sometimes I just can't. I don't know why though. I realize that being this hard on myself causes me to stress and to feel like crap but when I try to just let things go I can't. I am hard on myself about stuff I did 4 or more years ago. I just don't get why I am always so hard on myself...

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 10:23 AM
I am this way too. I think we have to learn acceptance of ourselves. Think about things others have done. You don't hold them to the same standard, do you? The key is to forgive and learn to love yourself. I am embarrassed and mad at myself daily for past actions.

Hope someone has some good insight. I might need to talk to my therapist about this.

Sourcon33
07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
I know I am working towards acceptance. Some days I can accept all of the things I have done. Some days are easy and I can start feeling better again. But some days are just bad where I get in a terrible mood and I can't seem to find any happiness because I think I am a terrible person and that I don't deserve to be happy. I guess I just need to continue to take it one day at a time and try and keep a positive attitude.