PDA

View Full Version : Hypochondriac...cancer

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 07:00 AM
So lately I have been kinda stressed and I just can't stop thinking about cancer. Like its freaking me out to the point I may have it. Like every time I see a commercial I think it's a sign. Like i think about it 24/7. I wanna get it out my head, but I can't, it's like I'm fascinated with it! Help!!

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh yeah and since this fear I have had brain cancer, eye cancer, oral cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, stomach cancer, and etc..

raggamuffin
07-22-2013, 07:15 AM
When there's no symptoms there should be no reason to worry. Health concerns can be at the forefront of people's minds when they're anxious. So much so that with enough stress and worry the body gives off symptoms such as chest pains, headaches, stomach aches etc. Check the anxiety symptom list stickied to the top of this section to see just how varied it can be.

It's very unlikely any of us will get cancer early on in life. Yes cancer rates are growing but this is partly due to people living longer. Keep an eye on your diet, avoid the processed foods and sugars and concentrate on whole foods, fruits and raw veg. These won't be an overnight cure to help how you feel but in the long run you will start to feel the benefits.

In the mean time pre-occupy yourself. Focus on positive thinking and above all rationalize the situation. Worrying and fretting day in day out serves no positive conclusion. It makes you feel horrid and achy and feeling like a shell of your former self.

It does take practice but it can be done. Read about anxiety, understand it and work out how it's affecting you and the way you're thinking. It warps logic and subdues it. We replace it with constant paranoid worrying, fears etc. By understanding anxiety you remove the fear and in turn the anxiety gradually subsides.

Remember that aches and pains aren't cancer. Their your body showing you it's been through a lot of stress and worry from anxiety. it's calling out for rest. Don't pile on extra worries about a natural bodily reaction to stress with secondary worries etc.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks so much Ed, that really helped a lot.

mindtides
07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
sorry need 10 posts

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 09:40 AM
sorry need 10 posts

What do you mean?

mistiblue
07-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Ed is right, when you have no symptoms there is no reason to worry. I know how you feel though. I on the other hand have a lot of pain in my body, so this is a constant worry for me.
You look young and shouldn't waste your days on worrying about things that cannot be controlled :)

majored
07-22-2013, 11:54 AM
So lately I have been kinda stressed and I just can't stop thinking about cancer. Like its freaking me out to the point I may have it. Like every time I see a commercial I think it's a sign. Like i think about it 24/7. I wanna get it out my head, but I can't, it's like I'm fascinated with it! Help!!

I also have the same sort of problem going on but i also have it with Diabetes and heart attack. I hear it, see it everywhere. Everyday its there it will come on the tv and i have to try and not listen to it. People come into the shop and start talking about it and they have even commented that everyday they hear people talking about cancer alot.

Every illness i have or symptom i have i think the worse thing, my head cant deal with it. As i type this now they have just mentioned cancer on the news. My ears seem to pick up on it its like i hear trigger words. Then my mind starts to go off and start to think about all stuff. Somebody said to me are you fascinated with it ..... im not but i am frightened and scared of it. My auntie has just found out she has ovarian cancer and starts treatment today. I hate all this!!!!!

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 12:58 PM
I also have the same sort of problem going on but i also have it with Diabetes and heart attack. I hear it, see it everywhere. Everyday its there it will come on the tv and i have to try and not listen to it. People come into the shop and start talking about it and they have even commented that everyday they hear people talking about cancer alot.

Every illness i have or symptom i have i think the worse thing, my head cant deal with it. As i type this now they have just mentioned cancer on the news. My ears seem to pick up on it its like i hear trigger words. Then my mind starts to go off and start to think about all stuff. Somebody said to me are you fascinated with it ..... im not but i am frightened and scared of it. My auntie has just found out she has ovarian cancer and starts treatment today. I hate all this!!!!!

Yeah, I hate it also, wish it all Weill go away! It seems like a new day=a new pain which = a new illness!! Never ending cycle!

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah and since this fear I have had brain cancer, eye cancer, oral cancer, lymphoma, leukemia, stomach cancer, and etc..

How old are you...? Your fears are completely logical if you have gone through all of these, I honestly don't know how your here to even write this, thats nuts!

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Am I the only person that saw her comment stating shes had over 7 types of cancers?????

1Laticia
07-22-2013, 03:22 PM
No I haven't had them, I thought I've had them!!