PDA

View Full Version : Actually working out...

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 05:35 AM
Not only did I go into the gym, but I'm actually lifting weights. Last week I told myself it was the last week of pity I has to get back to it.

I feel anxious as the last three weeks I've only come to the gym and say I'm a stall. I know I'm here cause the husband and I are talking and he said he wants to work on things. But if things go south I must keep at it. No more letting him dictate my moods. No more codependency.

em1
07-22-2013, 05:42 AM
Well done good for you what a Positive and brave step 😄

trinidiva
07-22-2013, 06:01 AM
That's the right spirit! Keep positive!

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 06:09 AM
Thank you both. I feel good. Not great, but good and that's a start.

MrsJ88
07-22-2013, 07:27 AM
Thank you both. I feel good. Not great, but good and that's a start.

That's great!!!

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 07:37 AM
I'm at work now and having some anxiety. Last time I was here I was convinced I was moving out and seeking a divorce lawyer. Last week my husband yanked his check and only gave me money for 1/2 the bills. Today I emailed him his half (did I mention he makes about $30K more than me) of the bills from the weekend. What he's asking of me takes a lot of time... or should I say what he's expecting of me. I emailed him asking if he'd be willing to leave everything joint and take more "allowance". Talking money with him gives me severe anxiety because he prefers to stick his head in the sand then call me controlling. Hoping it goes well.....

DodgingRain
07-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Seems like things are starting to go in a better direction for you. Just keep your head on straight and no panic'ing or doing any of the other bad things you used to do and maybe you can salvage things. You know what you do that is bad so its just a matter of recognizing when its happening and stopping it before it goes very far, that and being honest with him and saying, "the old symptoms are coming back I need a few seconds to get my head straight", etc. Know your triggers and know how to get yourself out of those old patterns.

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Seems like things are starting to go in a better direction for you. Just keep your head on straight and no panic'ing or doing any of the other bad things you used to do and maybe you can salvage things. You know what you do that is bad so its just a matter of recognizing when its happening and stopping it before it goes very far, that and being honest with him and saying, "the old symptoms are coming back I need a few seconds to get my head straight", etc. Know your triggers and know how to get yourself out of those old patterns.

That's what it's about. Knowing my symptoms and stepping back before reacting. I shall practice this tonight when we talk about money.