PDA

View Full Version : Ugh not again

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM
My chest isn't feeling good... I can't even explain it, this hurting/burning feeling. Doesn't feel like heartburn, idk but its giving me anxiety.

HealingTime
07-21-2013, 08:20 PM
Go distract yourself. Bath. Lavender. Tv. Music.

frankzito
07-21-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm pretty sure the anxiety is what is giving you the warm sensation

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 08:53 PM
Go distract yourself. Bath. Lavender. Tv. Music.

Watching a movie... And just took my lavender bath. Hope to chill out a bit

JLBnole68
07-21-2013, 10:11 PM
These are all great suggestions. You're going to be just fine. Distract your mind, maybe put on some soothing music or read a good book until you're tired and get sleepy. Maybe some warm, decaf tea? Chamomile is good and will relax you. If you have some camphor or menthol rub, try putting some of that on your chest. Sometimes that relaxes me and helps me feel like I'm breathing better. Keep telling yourself that everything is just fine, you are in no harm...because it's true. Don't let your anxiety tell you lies. There's nothing to be afraid of. You are safe. You are strong. You are well. You are blessed and secure. Be thankful for your security, all your blessings and the love around you. Now find something to make you laugh or smile. Anything to ease your mind. In fact, you are relaxing as you read this post. Your eyelids are getting heavy. Peaceful, tranquil rest. Just let your body go there. Imagine your favorite place. So restful. So peaceful. Your mind and body are relaxing. Don't fight it. Just rest.

falconlady
07-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Damn JLBnole68, just reading your reply helped me. Are you available to come & stay with me for a while? ;) I believe I am hypnotized

ADD
07-22-2013, 06:11 AM
These are all great suggestions. You're going to be just fine. Distract your mind, maybe put on some soothing music or read a good book until you're tired and get sleepy. Maybe some warm, decaf tea? Chamomile is good and will relax you. If you have some camphor or menthol rub, try putting some of that on your chest. Sometimes that relaxes me and helps me feel like I'm breathing better. Keep telling yourself that everything is just fine, you are in no harm...because it's true. Don't let your anxiety tell you lies. There's nothing to be afraid of. You are safe. You are strong. You are well. You are blessed and secure. Be thankful for your security, all your blessings and the love around you. Now find something to make you laugh or smile. Anything to ease your mind. In fact, you are relaxing as you read this post. Your eyelids are getting heavy. Peaceful, tranquil rest. Just let your body go there. Imagine your favorite place. So restful. So peaceful. Your mind and body are relaxing. Don't fight it. Just rest.

You sound like a hypnotist :)

MrsJ88
07-22-2013, 07:23 AM

No joke! Kudos that really helped me!

aclockworkrystn
07-22-2013, 11:38 AM
I have gotten the warm sensation on my chest before. It only recently started happening along with a fast heart rate, nausea/nervous stomach. I had never really remembered experiencing it before which is why it sent me into a full blown panic attack but now I know it's anxiety. Once I started to calm down I realized the sensation was completely gone. Very scary at the time though!

emtw12
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
where abouts is the pain on you're chest?

JLBnole68
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Damn JLBnole68, just reading your reply helped me. Are you available to come & stay with me for a while? ;) I believe I am hypnotized

Ha! Glad it helped. I'm no hypnotist, but I've learned a few tricks over the years dealing with anxiety.