PDA

View Full Version : Panic

gat
07-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi, I'm, new to the forum, so I may have posted this in the wrong place, sorry lol.

So right now I'm in the middle of a pretty crazy panic attack. I was driving and had to pull over before I could even make it home.

I'm just in my house now, essentially balled up, trying to wish away this attack, any tips or suggestions that can help me get rid of this thing before too much longer? I have no medication for the panic or anything.

Anything is welcomed and appreciated.

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Hi, I'm, new to the forum, so I may have posted this in the wrong place, sorry lol.

So right now I'm in the middle of a pretty crazy panic attack. I was driving and had to pull over before I could even make it home.

I'm just in my house now, essentially balled up, trying to wish away this attack, any tips or suggestions that can help me get rid of this thing before too much longer? I have no medication for the panic or anything.

Anything is welcomed and appreciated.

I've heard to jump in a cold shower

solta
07-22-2013, 12:11 AM
What I did was to just completely accept the fact that I'm having a panic attack. I just laid down and let it happen. Its really hard to do but over time it has helped me to overcome the panic attacks. I faced my worst fears and at some point I guess my body just understood that there was nothing to be afraid of, really. The length of the attacks decreased slowly and I haven't had one in ages. Acceptance is the key to overcoming this.

Ahlstrom
07-22-2013, 12:30 AM
I take Klonopin but I what I used to do was just take deep breathes and realize that I was fine, nothing really to it.

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 05:27 AM
What I did was to just completely accept the fact that I'm having a panic attack. I just laid down and let it happen. Its really hard to do but over time it has helped me to overcome the panic attacks. I faced my worst fears and at some point I guess my body just understood that there was nothing to be afraid of, really. The length of the attacks decreased slowly and I haven't had one in ages. Acceptance is the key to overcoming this.

That is awesome!! I think I've done that without realizing but I never wait long enough. Thanks for sharing!