PDA

View Full Version : Am I giving into my anxiety if I opt to stay home today?

Applecherry
07-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I've been up all night since 2 in the morning, it's now 2 in the afternoon. I'm supposed to go out in an hour or so, but I'm already starting to feel like a zombie. I'm just afraid my anxiety will skyrocket when I'm out due to the tiredness..

I have been going out with family all weekend long, even though I've been having horrible anxiety..

but today, I just feel so shot. It's been a really difficult time for me trying to cope with a break up, and not knowing where I'm going next.. and I have been having such a hard time feeling good.

It might sound like a strange thing to ask, but would staying home and sleeping be like I am giving into my anxiety? Or should I go even though I'm tired?

I don't know if I can even enjoy an outing with the way I'm feeling right now. My feelings are so mixed.

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 01:30 PM
I've been up all night since 2 in the morning, it's now 2 in the afternoon. I'm supposed to go out in an hour or so, but I'm already starting to feel like a zombie. I'm just afraid my anxiety will skyrocket when I'm out due to the tiredness..

I have been going out with family all weekend long, even though I've been having horrible anxiety..

but today, I just feel so shot. It's been a really difficult time for me trying to cope with a break up, and not knowing where I'm going next.. and I have been having such a hard time feeling good.

It might sound like a strange thing to ask, but would staying home and sleeping be like I am giving into my anxiety? Or should I go even though I'm tired?

I don't know if I can even enjoy an outing with the way I'm feeling right now. My feelings are so mixed.

Exhaustion makes anxiety worse.. Stay home and rest and recharge.

ann007
07-21-2013, 01:32 PM
It's listening to your body! I say if you need to rest ad are able to than by all means do it.

frankzito
07-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Rest is important, I'd stay back if your tired.

Applecherry
07-25-2013, 12:56 PM
I should have read these responses before I decided to go.. lol.. I was pretty miserable, but when I got home had a good rest. It was just a highly uncomfortable experience..

ac17
07-25-2013, 09:35 PM
If your physically drained and tired then its completely okay to stay home and rest. It's okay to take one day off. But when it gets to taking days off repeatedly then you are definitely giving in to your anxiety! But great job going to work anyways! You pushed through it! It's a struggle for me to go to work in fear of having a panic attack at work. But I still force myself to go with all my sensations and try not to focus on them and continue to go about my day