PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

emtw12
07-21-2013, 08:25 AM
does anyone get chest pain everyday? even if your feeling calm? I have had it for last 3 month under left breast mainly but sometimes diff spots on left side. if anyone suffers from it do you have any advice?

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 10:44 AM
does anyone get chest pain everyday? even if your feeling calm? I have had it for last 3 month under left breast mainly but sometimes diff spots on left side. if anyone suffers from it do you have any advice?

I have the exact same thing but I don't have any advice. I don't know what to do but I hate it.

emtw12
07-21-2013, 10:48 AM
do u get it a lot like everyday? and where abouts do u get it?

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 11:14 AM
do u get it a lot like everyday? and where abouts do u get it?

Yes every day... Always left side in my lower right quadrant of my breast right where I feel my heart beat

emtw12
07-21-2013, 11:40 AM
oh it's horrible

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 11:53 AM
oh it's horrible

Yes it is. My heart also races with just walking to the bathroom and back. Makes me so upset. I'm only 24 I wanna be able to go and do things.

emtw12
07-21-2013, 11:54 AM
doctor keeps saying its muscle related. muscle strain as i carry my son on the left side. but its been like 3 month now. it does go away now and then for a few days but comes back. so I dunno :/

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 11:58 AM
doctor keeps saying its muscle related. muscle strain as i carry my son on the left side. but its been like 3 month now. it does go away now and then for a few days but comes back. so I dunno :/

Yeah... I don't think muscle strain cause my son is only 8 months and I've been having the chest issues since 2011 progressively getting worse

emtw12
07-21-2013, 12:13 PM
My sons 8month too n I've only been getting the chest pains about 3months so I'm not sure :/ it's just horrible cos it makes me worry constantly and I feel like I can't do much with my son for feeling crappy. have you been having the chest pains daily since 2011? hope u feel better soon x

emtw12
07-21-2013, 12:15 PM
the only thing I don't like is that there on and off all day say about 20 or more times a day il feel a sharp stabbing pain if only it went away then I'd be ok!

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 12:29 PM
the only thing I don't like is that there on and off all day say about 20 or more times a day il feel a sharp stabbing pain if only it went away then I'd be ok!

I'm the same way, I feel like I can't fully engage in my son because of it :( and yeah on and off since 2011, they'll go away for a bit then come back. Lately they've been really frequent.

emtw12
07-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I got prescribed propanolol haven't tried them yet but they're meant to stop chest pain. are u on any meds?

MrsJ88
07-21-2013, 12:50 PM
I got prescribed propanolol haven't tried them yet but they're meant to stop chest pain. are u on any meds?

I just have valium I can take if I panic... 2mg. I have metoprolol I think it's a beta blocker, I was prescribed that after I had my son and had high blood pressure

sesler
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
I get that as well. Especially after exercising. My doctor has told me it is muscle related. It starts right where the heart is and will go all the way to my back. I also get neck pain and shoulder pain. My doctor says if it continues he is going to send me to a rheumatologist. I just try not to freak out about it. I make sure I watch my heart rate when exercising and afterwards.

leetbulldog
07-22-2013, 02:36 AM
Yea been dealing with chest pain lately.. I hate it cuz I was fine just two days ago. Now I have chest pain!! :/

raggamuffin
07-22-2013, 03:26 AM
What you must remember is that you're fine now. Yes the chest might hrut but it's nothing dangerous. nothign heart or lunch related. It's the anxiety causing this. nothign mroe, nothign less. The fight or flight response goes off daily when you're anxious. This causes a flood of adrenlaine to surge through the blodo. It pumps this blood around the chest wall muscles to toughen the muslces and protect your vital organs from danger. But when the "danger" is conjured in an anxious mind you never remove yourself from this feeling of impending danger.

Thus your muscles never truly get rest and hence you get chest pains. It might be sharp and severe or dull and crushing. It could last a split second or go on for days. The sooner you remove the fear and let your body go through the motions of aching the sooner the pains will go.

It's getting wound up, anxious, fearful or downright upset which prolongs the pains.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

falconlady
07-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Yes, I have dealt with this on and off for 2 yrs. The answer is the comment above.

emtw12
07-22-2013, 06:16 AM
thanks ed i just find it wierd how I get the pains in my chest wen I'm feeling calm and not anxious

emtw12
07-22-2013, 06:17 AM
falconlady where abouts are your chest pains?

raggamuffin
07-22-2013, 06:28 AM
The body will take many months to recover from anxiety. There's no overnight cure for it unfortunately. Even when yo ufeel fine and stress free a symptom or pain can kick up from nowhere. Don't respond emotionally and ride it out.

Ed

falconlady
07-22-2013, 07:35 AM
emtw12 they show up pretty much anywhere from my neck to my ribs. Read raggamuffin's posts & the stickys above. The trick with anxiety is not to try to get rid of the pain or wish it away, but to just let it be & accept it as a symptom of anxiety and that's all. It is hard to do I know

emtw12
07-22-2013, 08:32 AM
thanks guys x