PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a type of anxiety?

GashGarst
07-20-2013, 06:09 PM
So i just thought i would try here to figure out whats wrong. Ok to make it short, Emergency broadcast systems freak me out, they always have but now its getting really bad, if i even hear that ring they play instantly lock up and start sweating and i get really nervous and cant think straight, is this anxiety? I think part of it came from my fear of nukes but i have pretty much gotten over that, please help i dread hearing that noise and it feels like its getting worse. Thanks.

frankzito
07-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Not much different than hearing an alarm clock, they to drive me nuts! They test em for like two minutes. It is anxiety

sitemastercalifornia
07-21-2013, 08:49 AM
You are 100% normal. I get panicky too when I hear a severe weather alert, especially with how weird the weather has been lately where I am. Had a small Tornado go through my yard at the beginning of spring and there wasn't even a severe weather alert in my area go figure lol.

It is anxiety, weather and sirens can do it to you.

To be honest I live in a city with a nuclear plant 2 miles down the road. Sometimes they test the nuke sirens without announcing it, can be quite scary but those fears usually pass quicky.

GashGarst
07-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Kind of an update i guess, they just played another warning for i dont know what because i was freaking out to much. This one was really bad because unlike most they play this one actually had a voice (you know the creepy computer-like voice) while most just ring the noise and show something onscreen. I got absolutely terrified and, while im really embarrassed to say this I kinda started crying a little, i feel pathetic about it.

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Do you sit around and wait for these alarms...?
Yes your experiencing 100% anxiety...

But if your looking for these alarms and then freaking out when you hear/see them, you need to get checked out.

GashGarst
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Do you sit around and wait for these alarms...?
Yes your experiencing 100% anxiety...

But if your looking for these alarms and then freaking out when you hear/see them, you need to get checked out.

Im not sure what you mean, do i wait for them? No ill just be sitting on my computer while my family watches tv downstairs and i hear them because they are very loud.

Ryaan
07-22-2013, 03:56 PM
You have anxiety when it comes to emergency's, that's all, your just obsessed with the thought of dying from an A bomb or any other catastrophe, not really a big deal, you got it good compared to most people on here

frankzito
07-22-2013, 04:07 PM
It's the sound that gets to me