PDA

View Full Version : !Doctors Update!

Rickk90
07-20-2013, 04:41 PM
So just as promised here's my update.
Went to the Dr and he said that I should continue with my xanax as needed. And i did mention the withdrawl and he said its very unlikely ill ever get a seizure off of it. He explained how its a drug that Hundreds of millions of people take. So besides that he switched my medication from cymbalta to Buspar. He said there are only a few side effects and that its effective. I mentioned Lexapro but he stated "Its very similar to cymbalta".
I also told him about my dry nose and shortness of breath and he said that my nostrils are clogged "rhinitis" or something like that so he gave me nasonex and zyrtec.
I did bring up the choking (tight neck) feeling and he said its part of my anxiety.
Im currently feeling the tight neck as we speak. What do you guys think about it?
Is the tight neck due to anxiety?
also when i put pressure on the front lower part of the neck I feel he symptom even more.
I'd like some advice. If any of you guys are suffering from the samething or have overcame this please "Write away" and tell me how you've managed this.
It Literally feels like im choking /:

suz245
07-20-2013, 05:33 PM
hey there
I just wanted you to know i have a choking sensation with anxiety its normal although very annoying...i noticed you said you were put on xanax please be careful...do not stop them suddenly as i did that with valium after 2 years and i just got out of hospital i have withdrawl syndrome and you really dont want it...if you ever want to stop you need to taper off very slowly dont half kill yourself like i have done im so ill with this i now have nerve damage to my feet and hands ...along with horrific physical and psycological symptoms.

good luck x

Rickk90
07-20-2013, 05:45 PM
hey there
I just wanted you to know i have a choking sensation with anxiety its normal although very annoying...i noticed you said you were put on xanax please be careful...do not stop them suddenly as i did that with valium after 2 years and i just got out of hospital i have withdrawl syndrome and you really dont want it...if you ever want to stop you need to taper off very slowly dont half kill yourself like i have done im so ill with this i now have nerve damage to my feet and hands ...along with horrific physical and psycological symptoms.

good luck x

Thank you,

How long have you had the chocking sensation ?
And it really is annoying I can't stand it. Feels as of I have asthma but I know I don't because I don't wheeze or cough..
And I'll taper down slowly (:
Is your chocking sensation a feeling you have throughout the entire day?

suz245
07-20-2013, 06:01 PM
hey it goes away eventually but depends how anxious you are...i had it when i was very young and felt like a golf ball in my throat...and i get it now its anxiety its the nerves and muscles constricting in your throat....i was really anxious today and i couldnt swallow but it passed....can i reccomend a book for you that really helps you with your anxiety its called " At Last A Life" its on amazon by paul David......its really good and he's an ex sufferer cured himself...i cant cure myself but it helped me understand all the physical and psycological torment that anxiety puts you through.x

Rickk90
07-20-2013, 06:12 PM
hey it goes away eventually but depends how anxious you are...i had it when i was very young and felt like a golf ball in my throat...and i get it now its anxiety its the nerves and muscles constricting in your throat....i was really anxious today and i couldnt swallow but it passed....can i reccomend a book for you that really helps you with your anxiety its called " At Last A Life" its on amazon by paul David......its really good and he's an ex sufferer cured himself...i cant cure myself but it helped me understand all the physical and psycological torment that anxiety puts you through.x

Thank you for the recommendation
I really appreciate it and will look into it..
And please don't say you couldn't cure yourself
Be strong, have faith and you'll see how we'll all over come this
I see this as a bad nightmare and just need some teqniques to get over it

suz245
07-24-2013, 05:06 PM
well ive been going through hell as 9 weeks ago i stopped diazepam without tapering and i ended up in hospital the withdrawls were causing so many physical problems but doctors failed to recognise thats what it was all my tests came back normal so its diazepam withdrawl syndrome ive done my research and i will go through hell for at least a year as you have to regrow new brain cells as the diazepam kills off the old ones....im a prisoner to this i wish i had never taken them but they helped at the time...dont EVER let a dr put you on benzodiazepines as the ruin your life when you try to stop.

mistiblue
07-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Have you tried any natural supplements to help out? I know a healthy diet can help to. I'm sorry your going through this. I am on a small dose of clonozapam, but I'm dreading the day I have to wean off them. Hang in there, it'll get better. I think a year is the max time.

MrsJ88
07-24-2013, 07:29 PM
well ive been going through hell as 9 weeks ago i stopped diazepam without tapering and i ended up in hospital the withdrawls were causing so many physical problems but doctors failed to recognise thats what it was all my tests came back normal so its diazepam withdrawl syndrome ive done my research and i will go through hell for at least a year as you have to regrow new brain cells as the diazepam kills off the old ones....im a prisoner to this i wish i had never taken them but they helped at the time...dont EVER let a dr put you on benzodiazepines as the ruin your life when you try to stop.

That's crazy suz... I take 2mg of Diazepam as needed for my anxiety. And as needed meaning sometimes I will go 5 days in between taking one. The last time I took one was Saturday and I never have withdrawals. I guess it affects people way differently. :( that's sad how it affected you and scary.

Oh-wow
07-24-2013, 10:37 PM
I used to take clonazepam. Started at as needed and eventually was taking 3 milligrams a day or 3 pills. I quit taking it and I have never been so sick in my life. I had a high fever, trembling, no energy, couldn't eat for days and nausea. After researching about it i found out benzos are almost as hard to come off then heroin!! After two weeks i felt so much better and i will never take another anti anxiety pill again. Worst two weeks of my life. Stay strong it does get easier, I've been off them since 2011.

suz245
07-25-2013, 06:12 AM
i was on them for 2 years and it wasnt till week 3/4 i started getting unwell as my body was looking for them its harder i think if your stressed about the withdrawls so am trying to just say ok this is how its gonna be for a while.. hope not too long just started duloxetine yentreve 2 weeks ago and im on 2 at night now am quite dizzy but it could be them getting into my system... i have really weird heart flutters aswell so ive increased my beta blocker... please make it stop :(