PDA

View Full Version : New PTSD sufferer

Stormy
09-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello. I'm new to the forums, driven here by a need to speak with others that have the same issues. I developed PTSD back in 2001. I worked at the World Trade Center, Bldg. 5 up until 9/11. The experience along with underlying issues from childhood caused a mental breakdown, the first I've ever had. Although I've always had an issue with depression (not the point where I couldn't' function, though), I never had anxiety or panic attacks or any of these things. Since then I have been told I have Generalized Panic Disorder. At this junction I am doing meditation and yoga to help me along instead of medications I've been on in the past.

Now I find myself being triggered by the most mundane of things. Going shopping, for instance. Dressing my child for school. There comes the roaring in the ears, the galloping heart and the steamroller of negative thoughts. I stand there trying to breathe, trying to pay attention to everything while inside I'm freaking out for no explainable reason. I am lot better than I used to be, but I feel like I need to reach out to get over that one last barrier that is keeping me from enjoying my life to its fullest.

So here I am. :tongue: