PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 09:06 AM
My dad as most of you might know has not been the best person for me to be around but i live with him so i have no choice. He has taken this whole week off and im not sure im going to get through it. As soon as he got home yesterday the arguing started. He has become my worse enemy and i cant stand being around him. He makes me mad and makes my anxiety and ocd 10X worse when hes around. I dont know what i should do this week. the only place i have to go is my bfs house but thats only when he gets off work.
Anybody have any ideas on what could help?

brookie93
07-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Avoid him and try to go to maybe a relatives house?? I don't even talk to my dad because he made my anxiety so bad and didn't understand what I was going thru first I just moved out but he got so mad that we don't speak he says I'm a liar because I have health anxiety that he doesn't understand. I did lift a good weight off my shoulders but it still not great that we don't talk. I say just avoid him or something, hope all goes well

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Avoid him and try to go to maybe a relatives house?? I don't even talk to my dad because he made my anxiety so bad and didn't understand what I was going thru first I just moved out but he got so mad that we don't speak he says I'm a liar because I have health anxiety that he doesn't understand. I did lift a good weight off my shoulders but it still not great that we don't talk. I say just avoid him or something, hope all goes well

I dont have any relatives that live close by. I would move out if i could, i really do want to move out but i dont have a job so i dont have the money. My dad has seem to gotten very mean towards me since i have gotten my ocd and anxiety and im not sure why. Him being around just escalates everything. I hate my house because of him.

brookie93
07-20-2013, 10:01 AM
I completely understand your situation as that was me two years ago, but now I'm with my mom and she's becoming the same way and I can't move because I don't have a job yet because of my newborn and my anxiety it's like it's bad enough your going through all of this and they just put added stress onto you. What about any friends ? I'm just trying to help with some suggestions. I know that you could always get as much government assistance as you can till you get on your feet, that's kinda what my plan seems to be

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 10:25 AM
I completely understand your situation as that was me two years ago, but now I'm with my mom and she's becoming the same way and I can't move because I don't have a job yet because of my newborn and my anxiety it's like it's bad enough your going through all of this and they just put added stress onto you. What about any friends ? I'm just trying to help with some suggestions. I know that you could always get as much government assistance as you can till you get on your feet, that's kinda what my plan seems to be

I dont really have any friends and my only friend works until 6pm. Avoiding my dad is hard because i have a 4month old puppy that i have to take care of. My parents are married so i dont have the option of doing that. ive been thinking about getting government assistance because i just cant take much more of this. i feel like my dad is just stalling my process of trying to get better.

brookie93
07-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Yea my parents stall it as well sometimes you just need that separation but still have a relationship with them

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Yea my parents stall it as well sometimes you just need that separation but still have a relationship with them

Its very hard because im so mad at my dad that i would rather not even look at him

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 10:54 AM
So, why not just get a job and start saving your own money? That would certainly keep you away from your dad.

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 10:58 AM
So, why not just get a job and start saving your own money? That would certainly keep you away from your dad.

My ocd and anxiety are why i cant get a job. Im so afraid of cleaning products that i dont even like being around them. i freak out anytime anyone uses cleaning supplies and i dont know a job where you dont have to clean.

brookie93
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Its very hard because im so mad at my dad that i would rather not even look at him

I was the same way and still am but still something inside of me still wants a relationship with him. Idk but I agree with the other person who said to start saving find a job with low anxiety

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Perhaps a receptionist job or something clerical? I don't think that involves cleaning. I'm curious about what it is about cleaning supplies that freaks you out. Is it fear of the chemicals?

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 11:40 AM
Perhaps a receptionist job or something clerical? I don't think that involves cleaning. I'm curious about what it is about cleaning supplies that freaks you out. Is it fear of the chemicals?

Yeah im afraid of chemicals all kinds even fertilizer scares me. im afraid that im going to ingest something and die. i wash my hands a lot. i cant even touch a cleaning supply bottle.

MrsJ88
07-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Yeah im afraid of chemicals all kinds even fertilizer scares me. im afraid that im going to ingest something and die. i wash my hands a lot. i cant even touch a cleaning supply bottle.

I worked in an office as an assistant and wasn't required to clean anything.

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 11:56 AM
I worked in an office as an assistant and wasn't required to clean anything.

Were you around any cleaning supplies at all?

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 12:34 PM
It sounds like you could benefit from some therapy for your phobia. I'm sure that somewhere in your mind, you understand that this fear is without any basis in fact. People have used common household cleaning supplies for years and no one's dropped dead yet (unless they deliberately turned the bottle up and chugged the contents). Anyway, until you gain some control over your phobia, there are lots of jobs that don't involve cleaning. If you're nervous about telling a potential employer about your fear, you could always just say you have a hyper-sensitive skin allergy. Just thinking a job would certainly keep your mind occupied with more productive pursuits than sitting around worrying about your anxiety. And would get you out of the house. Heck, it might even mend your relationship with your dad.

Samantha34
07-20-2013, 01:16 PM
It sounds like you could benefit from some therapy for your phobia. I'm sure that somewhere in your mind, you understand that this fear is without any basis in fact. People have used common household cleaning supplies for years and no one's dropped dead yet (unless they deliberately turned the bottle up and chugged the contents). Anyway, until you gain some control over your phobia, there are lots of jobs that don't involve cleaning. If you're nervous about telling a potential employer about your fear, you could always just say you have a hyper-sensitive skin allergy. Just thinking a job would certainly keep your mind occupied with more productive pursuits than sitting around worrying about your anxiety. And would get you out of the house. Heck, it might even mend your relationship with your dad.
I go to therapy every two weeks, i do want a job but like you said dont really want to tell an employer that because they might not hire me because of it.

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 02:12 PM
That's great you're getting therapy. Perhaps you'll find a good job opportunity soon.