PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Call Line

trinidiva
07-19-2013, 08:42 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if there were a hotline specifically for people suffering with panic attacks. ..where they could call toll free and have a counselor stay on the line with them to help them through it? I see so many people on here who are looking for someone to chat with when they are having an attack and I've been in the same position quite a few times. .........

There used to be one...but I don't think its around anymore.

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 08:59 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if there were a hotline specifically for people suffering with panic attacks. ..where they could call toll free and have a counselor stay on the line with them to help them through it? I see so many people on here who are looking for someone to chat with when they are having an attack and I've been in the same position quite a few times. .........

That's a really good idea.

HealingTime
07-19-2013, 09:02 PM
OMG yes!!! I thought I was gonna hyperventilate and die today!!!!! I got lucky and found someone to help me through. But I dread the day I'm alone and can't get in touch with anyone.

And when I'm out of this marriage and better, I'd love to help others!!!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 09:06 PM
OMG yes!!! I thought I was gonna hyperventilate and die today!!!!! I got lucky and found someone to help me through. But I dread the day I'm alone and can't get in touch with anyone.

And when I'm out of this marriage and better, I'd love to help others!!!

How have you been HealingTime?

HealingTime
07-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Pretty bad. Had an attack today pacing and crying and hyperventilating and shaking my hands crazily like trying to shake the panic outta me. I started the process to find an attorney. I think I will find my anxiety diminish once I move out of here.

trinidiva
07-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Pretty bad. Had an attack today pacing and crying and hyperventilating and shaking my hands crazily like trying to shake the panic outta me. I started the process to find an attorney. I think I will find my anxiety diminish once I move out of here.

What happened? Ive been away for a bit. Last I heard you were trying to give him some space. I think he had gone away for the weekend with your son.

trinidiva
07-19-2013, 09:12 PM
That's a really good idea.

I wonder how someone might go about setting one up.........

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
I wonder how someone might go about setting one up.........

Idk but I wish we could figure it out!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 09:29 PM

I'm sorry HealingTime. I understand about the attack, I had one yesterday in the car. Thankfully I wasn't the one driving but it made me feel trapped. I hope you do what's best for you and that it helps your anxiety.

HealingTime
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
What happened? Ive been away for a bit. Last I heard you were trying to give him some space. I think he had gone away for the weekend with your son.

He did and came back still being an ass to me. Still disappearing til 2-3 in the morning and even 7am one morning. He's out now no word no nothing......

manz82
07-20-2013, 02:16 AM
No offence, but it sounds to me like your husband is contributing to the way you are.
He sounds like a lousy bastard if I'm being completely blunt.
If I were you I'd work on making myself strong with the goal of eventually getting rid of the piece of shit and living my life in peace.
He is no man in my eyes - a real man wouldn't leave his wife in a constant state of panic and not care.
Seriously, cut him out - you might surprise yourself and realise he was the cancer eating away at you all this time. X

MrsJ88
07-20-2013, 03:20 AM
No offence, but it sounds to me like your husband is contributing to the way you are.
He sounds like a lousy bastard if I'm being completely blunt.
If I were you I'd work on making myself strong with the goal of eventually getting rid of the piece of shit and living my life in peace.
He is no man in my eyes - a real man wouldn't leave his wife in a constant state of panic and not care.
Seriously, cut him out - you might surprise yourself and realise he was the cancer eating away at you all this time. X

Couldn't agree more^^^

HealingTime
07-20-2013, 05:02 AM
It's true. He is the one causing my anxiety. Causing me to feel so low about myself. Causing me to despise myself. Causing me to consider death a serious option. I hope to talk to an attorney Monday. He was out until 4 am again.

MrsJ88
07-20-2013, 06:04 AM
It's true. He is the one causing my anxiety. Causing me to feel so low about myself. Causing me to despise myself. Causing me to consider death a serious option. I hope to talk to an attorney Monday. He was out until 4 am again.

Go for it girl! You deserve to be happy and feel great!

manz82
07-20-2013, 08:20 AM
It's a wonder you haven't throttled him yet - I know I would if that were my husband being such a shit.
I don't mean to cause you any extra stress, but have you entertained the idea that maybe he's playing away?
Believe me when I say I know how you feel, by the way.
My husband was a complete and utter bastard and cheated on me while I was pregnant.
Know what I did?
I belted him one, threw his wedding ring in his face and kicked him out.
We're together again now and that was nearly seven years ago - he grovelled on his knees for almost a year before I let me back and he knew I was the one calling the shots from then on.
You may feel as though you can't cope without him, but really, what is he doing for you, apart from making you sicker?
And don't you dare even contemplate ending your life because of one utter cretin! For all you know, your knight in shining armour is waiting to rescue you - and even if he isn't, I'd rather live alone than live a life of torment with someone who does not respect or support me and basically just takes the piss!
Be strong, be determined, be HAPPY! Xxx
Pm me if you need to talk.

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 08:56 AM

When you were first posting about his behavior, I didn't want to say anything to add to your stress...nor do I now. However, I think you're doing the right thing. Mental abuse is every bit as despicable as physical abuse. Know that you are a beautiful person and deserve so much more out of life. It's obvious he isn't being true to his wedding vows (in sickness and in health ring a bell?). Sorry you're having to deal with this, especially when you're not well. Hang tough and be strong. You'll find happiness, peace and love again, probably much sooner than you think.

HealingTime
07-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Thank you very much. Today my husband approached me and apologized for his behavior. He said he wants to work on us.

I needed one last chance and this is it. If I work on my childhood issues and trauma and my anxiety and he's still a shit, then I know I gave my all. I feel stronger now to not take undue shit anymore.

JLBnole68
07-20-2013, 02:08 PM
That's great! I hope you can work things out.

trinidiva
07-20-2013, 08:26 PM

Yes, honestly, a person who really loves and cares about you doesn't just leave when things get a little tough. I think he is being extremely selfish and I agree witg the others....I could almost bet he is the biggest factor in your anxiety right now.
You do not need to accept that type of behavior, period. I would consider it emotional abandonment. Do not even think about death.....no one is worth that.

trinidiva
07-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Thank you very much. Today my husband approached me and apologized for his behavior. He said he wants to work on us.

I needed one last chance and this is it. If I work on my childhood issues and trauma and my anxiety and he's still a shit, then I know I gave my all. I feel stronger now to not take undue shit anymore.

Good. I hope he truly sees how he's been treating you isn't right. I wish you all the best!!!!

HealingTime
07-21-2013, 06:28 AM
Good. I hope he truly sees how he's been treating you isn't right. I wish you all the best!!!!

Thank you! I hope so! I'm a bit skeptical right now but I'm hopeful.

trinidiva
07-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Thank you! I hope so! I'm a bit skeptical right now but I'm hopeful.

Just take things one day at a time.

sitemastercalifornia
07-21-2013, 03:14 PM
If anyone wants to donate time I can make this possible. I am a computer guy after all and setting up a pbx would be super easy. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this and how often you could take calls.

HealingTime
07-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Yes, honestly, a person who really loves and cares about you doesn't just leave when things get a little tough. I think he is being extremely selfish and I agree witg the others....I could almost bet he is the biggest factor in your anxiety right now.
You do not need to accept that type of behavior, period. I would consider it emotional abandonment. Do not even think about death.....no one is worth that.

For the record, he has been putting up with my anxiety for all of our marriage, almost 12 years. He has put up with lying because I have a fear of disappointing those around me. He has put up with my insecurities and my control issues which come from the insecurities. He's tired. I have made promise after promise to change. It wasn't until a month ago when I learned why I have anxiety and why I am insecure and why I have control issues that I was truly able to understand and start to heal.

Hope that helps. He's not ALL bad, just tired. I can't blame him.

HealingTime
07-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Just take things one day at a time.

You're right. One day at a time. One hour at a time when I'm feeling anxious. This is my chance and if we split I'll know I gave it my all.

trinidiva
07-22-2013, 06:22 AM
If anyone wants to donate time I can make this possible. I am a computer guy after all and setting up a pbx would be super easy. Let me know if anyone is interested in doing this and how often you could take calls.

Omg...that would be so awesome. I guess the key is finding people who can donate time...I would definitely be willing. Anyone who would be interested, please let me know. Maybe we can make this a reality!

trinidiva
07-22-2013, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE="HealingTime"]

You're right. One day at a time. One hour at a time when I'm feeling anxious. This is my chance and if we split I'll know I gave it
..I'm sure you know that dealing with anxiety and panic disorders is an up and down type of deal....you could have a series of good days, weeks, etc...then have some bad days. As long as he's willing to help you through those bad times..you should be ok. Yep, just keep taking it a day at a time.

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm hoping that ups and downs are minimal. Right now I can't expect his help... he's tired and frustrated and I can't rely on him. He has his own issues. I can only rely on myself and recognizing my anxiety and stress.....

shelley15
07-22-2013, 08:16 AM

Such a good idea, sometimes I just want to ring a helpline that will help me when I'm panicking.

HealingTime
07-22-2013, 10:25 AM
About a text circle? I can't take calls but I can just about always text.

trinidiva
07-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Such a good idea, sometimes I just want to ring a helpline that will help me when I'm panicking.

Yeah....I just keep bouncing this back up to the top to see if anyone might be interested in participating.