PDA

View Full Version : anxiety prior to going to work

MEGO
07-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Everytime I have to work im anxious for the entire day before hand. I even cause myself to have an upset stomach. Its not that work is that bad, I know I can handle it, but it still happens. Being around people other than family and close friends causes me anxiety as it is so I guess having to interac with the public is hard. Is there anyone who experences this? Any suggestions. Have to go in for midnights soon and I cant seem to calm myself down. :(

ac17
07-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Are you afraid of having a panic attack at work?

midnit7
07-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I have the same problem about work. Mine stems from working late until 4:30 am and long hours. Then I'm not able to sleep during the day

MEGO
07-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Yah im terrified of having attacks at work. Its already happened once. Im scared of doing things wrong and what people think of me. Everything causes me anxiety

MEGO
07-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Ya the long hrs and not enough sleep usually sends me into complete panic attacks before and on the way to work. Like I always end up having to work tow midnight shifts and then an afternoon shift in a row.. This kills me because I get no sleep and im already anxious to begin with :( dont know what to do

str8trippin
07-31-2013, 09:47 AM
I definitely feel this way. On the weekend for example, it takes me all evening on Friday to wind down from the work week and I'm good through Saturday, but by Sunday my mind is already churning with work stuff and making me feel stressed about the work week starting again on Monday. It kind of ruins my weekend. My job has been extremely stressful and hard to deal with lately, and I'm kind of at a point with it where I am just struggling to try and hang on until next Spring when I can move...my heart just isn't in it anymore. The second my boss started degrading me and treating me (and another of my coworkers) like I'm an idiot, I lost my respect for the people I work for, which also elevated my work anxiety level because I'm dealing with a lot of unneeded pressure on a daily basis. I don't really worry about having panic attacks at work, I just know I don't want to be here, so I'm constantly anxious about the fact that I'm stuck with it.

MEGO
07-31-2013, 03:59 PM
How do u deal with it? I get so anxious that I have insane panuc attacks before going in. I cant seem to control my self and if it wasnt for my mom I would quit. Its so stressful and draining. I wish I didnt care what other peiple thought but I do and that deff makes it worse. Im tired of this happening to me

midnit7
07-31-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm the exact same way with work str8trippin