PDA

View Full Version : I just need help!! Heart Attack :(

pitchblackheart
07-19-2013, 03:24 PM
I feel like I am going crazy and I feel like I am going to die.

For the past 18 months or so I've been suffering for what could be anxiety. Some doctors say it is, some say it's not. The ones that say it's not just say chill out.

I've had lots of blood tests and lots of ecg's etc. Been to the ER, paramedics you name it. Nothing for the 9 months though. Got
More tests coming up that I'm paranoid about already.

It's just getting so much worse again though. Im perfectly healthy bar being over weight. But still have good BP etc.

I suffer from a massive heart attack fear. I genuinely believe the doctors have missed something. I have almost constant chest pain. Mainly left breast, sort of like a pinching feeling that comes and goes. I have an almost constant dull ache in my arm that comes and goes also. Mainly in my wrist and lower arm. I also get ALOT of pressure in my head, around my nose. I feel dizzy and sick all the time. I also get random thuds in my chest which goes in to my throat and makes me cough. There pretty rate though.

Exercise is a massive issue for me. I try it almost every day to help with my weight loss. Using static bike cycling. I'm fine, I usually do 10 miles. Stop, then around 10 minutes later I get all my symptoms and then have them for the rest of day, until bed time. I then wake up feeling fresh and great. Exercise triggers all sort of weird feelings for me. I get so hot and so anxious immediately after doing any exercise and even worry at the thought of doing any!

However.....surely if I had anything wrong with my heart I wouldn't be able to do all the biking I do and all the walking I do??

My dad passed away from a heart attack 2 Years ago and since then I experience the same symptoms he did and many more. They just spiral out of control.

Right now I feel like a wreck. Chest tightness, arm pain, sick, but mainly petrified. I'm literally sitting in my bed waiting for 'the end'

I've broken down in the doctors room but they don't seem interested. They just say I'm fine.

But I'm really really not!!

Just to be clear I'm not actually stressed, have a great boyfriend and a great job. I don't get panic attacks either. At least not any more I used to. Now it's just worry and pain. I'm ruining my relationship, I'm scared to do anything in case I just pass out.

I think I just need guidance. Does anyone else have this heart attack fear. After two years of all these same sunrooms I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if I had a problem right??

Anyones help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you so much

Michelle

Peak
07-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Yep I have exactly the same fear and have had exactly the same tests.

Okay this is the hardest thing to accept but the doctors are right. They haven't missed anything. You are absolutely fine.

It's no wonder with what you have been through that you have these fears but just because you fear them doesn't mean you will get them.

All the physical symptoms you are experiencing are symptoms I too have had. Guess what? It's anxiety. It's not your heart. If it were your heart and it was bad enough to cause these symptoms it sure as hell would show up on any test and be glaringly obvious to even the most incompetent doctor. But your doctors are not incompetent. They can see that your heart is absolutely fine. So if your heart is fine, that pretty much leaves anxiety as being the cause if your physical symptoms.

If you haven't already I can really recommend having CBT treatment or at the very least buy a book on it. Look up probability pie charts which is something I found massively helpful to me when I was doing CBT.

Good Luck. You will be fine!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
I feel like I am going crazy and I feel like I am going to die.

For the past 18 months or so I've been suffering for what could be anxiety. Some doctors say it is, some say it's not. The ones that say it's not just say chill out.

I've had lots of blood tests and lots of ecg's etc. Been to the ER, paramedics you name it. Nothing for the 9 months though. Got
More tests coming up that I'm paranoid about already.

It's just getting so much worse again though. Im perfectly healthy bar being over weight. But still have good BP etc.

I suffer from a massive heart attack fear. I genuinely believe the doctors have missed something. I have almost constant chest pain. Mainly left breast, sort of like a pinching feeling that comes and goes. I have an almost constant dull ache in my arm that comes and goes also. Mainly in my wrist and lower arm. I also get ALOT of pressure in my head, around my nose. I feel dizzy and sick all the time. I also get random thuds in my chest which goes in to my throat and makes me cough. There pretty rate though.

Exercise is a massive issue for me. I try it almost every day to help with my weight loss. Using static bike cycling. I'm fine, I usually do 10 miles. Stop, then around 10 minutes later I get all my symptoms and then have them for the rest of day, until bed time. I then wake up feeling fresh and great. Exercise triggers all sort of weird feelings for me. I get so hot and so anxious immediately after doing any exercise and even worry at the thought of doing any!

However.....surely if I had anything wrong with my heart I wouldn't be able to do all the biking I do and all the walking I do??

My dad passed away from a heart attack 2 Years ago and since then I experience the same symptoms he did and many more. They just spiral out of control.

Right now I feel like a wreck. Chest tightness, arm pain, sick, but mainly petrified. I'm literally sitting in my bed waiting for 'the end'

I've broken down in the doctors room but they don't seem interested. They just say I'm fine.

But I'm really really not!!

Just to be clear I'm not actually stressed, have a great boyfriend and a great job. I don't get panic attacks either. At least not any more I used to. Now it's just worry and pain. I'm ruining my relationship, I'm scared to do anything in case I just pass out.

I think I just need guidance. Does anyone else have this heart attack fear. After two years of all these same sunrooms I'm pretty sure I'd be dead by now if I had a problem right??

Anyones help would be much appreciated :)

Thank you so much

Michelle

You and I are so much alike that its like I wrote this post. I have been having anxiety about having a heart attack since 2011 after my grandpa passed away suddenly. I've even been to a cardiologist and had a full work up and swan many other doctors that say I'm just fine and my heart is fine. Hang in there. I get chest pain a lot too.

pitchblackheart
07-19-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks a lot for both of your replies.

Your advice on CBT would be really appreciated!

I just want to feel in control again. I thought I had control of it. But since the doc told me this week he was gonna send me for some blood tests and an ECG in two weeks time I'm now in turmoil again!

Any coping mechanisms either of you can recommended? Removing my heart maybe lol!

Thank you :)

X

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Thanks a lot for both of your replies.

Your advice on CBT would be really appreciated!

I just want to feel in control again. I thought I had control of it. But since the doc told me this week he was gonna send me for some blood tests and an ECG in two weeks time I'm now in turmoil again!

Any coping mechanisms either of you can recommended? Removing my heart maybe lol!

Thank you :)

X

Well what made me better was getting a full check up at a cardiologist and all tests done... Which all came back that my heart was fine. However, I still worry. I take a lavender bath every night and drink a calm tea or chamomile tea.

brookie93
07-19-2013, 05:12 PM
I fear that as well and also of liver cancer or any cancers. I had my grandpa die of heart attack my uncle of liver cancer and my mom has a tumor on her pancreas and has cancer markers in her blood so she has to have chemo I constantly have that health anxiety.. It's not fun but I keep telling myself its just the thoughts and its not really happening everytime I feel anxiety I want to go to the er I have been trying to calm down as I can't afford the constant visit. I know how you feel! Wish you the best

sharacel91
07-20-2013, 01:08 AM
This is a massive fear of mine as well.. Apart from i haven't had all the tests done my doctor believes it will make me worse I get chest pains alllll the time sore arm random stabbing pains in my arms palpertaions racing heart all the time it really worries me I'm doing CBT at the moment you should really try it.

bonehead
07-20-2013, 05:01 AM
Chest pains, palpitations, and anxiety are classic symptoms of a deficiency in Vitamin B, Magnesium and/or Iron?

How's your diet? Do you take any supplements?

angieproc1977
07-20-2013, 07:18 AM
I have this fear too and it takes over sometimes and deep down I know its anxiety but can't stop constantly over thinking things x