PDA

View Full Version : Feeling tired after every panic attack

brookie93
07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Soo do you feel completely exhausted after a panic attack like you could collapse and sleep for days, and have a hard time keeping your eyes open? I have at least one everyday and feel this way usually after every one also accompanied by a headache

str8trippin
07-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Yes, absolutely. A panic attack is exhausting because your body is not only releasing adrenaline, but you are tensing your body during that period of the attack so you are fatiguing muscles. Headaches and other head related symptoms are my worst ones...they scare me more than almost anything else. But it's sort of inevitable in a way that when you are putting your body under as much stress as anxiety causes, the end result is very much a physical reaction.

laurentellez
07-19-2013, 11:54 AM
This may sound sick but i feel like i took a sedative after a Panic attack. My down time is my best time

brookie93
07-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, absolutely. A panic attack is exhausting because your body is not only releasing adrenaline, but you are tensing your body during that period of the attack so you are fatiguing muscles. Headaches and other head related symptoms are my worst ones...they scare me more than almost anything else. But it's sort of inevitable in a way that when you are putting your body under as much stress as anxiety causes, the end result is very much a physical reaction.

It's like you think you would feel so much better after its over but yet you still feel like pure crap! Plus I want to sleep but I have a two month old so there is very little time to nap during the day

brookie93
07-19-2013, 11:57 AM
This may sound sick but i feel like i took a sedative after a Panic attack. My down time is my best time

Hun I totally feel the same way

str8trippin
07-19-2013, 12:00 PM
It's like you think you would feel so much better after its over but yet you still feel like pure crap! Plus I want to sleep but I have a two month old so there is very little time to nap during the day

Exactly. On Tuesday I had my first counseling appointment and I had expressed some anxiety to him about the fact that I have to fly across the country this weekend. His response was that, well, if you have a panic attack on the plane, so what, then you have a panic attack on the plane and it will peak and then go away and you'll be fine. Well, I get where he was coming from, and he's essentially right...but in my previous experience with my own panic attacks, they leave me ravaged for like a week! I'm going on vacation! I don't want to be exhausted and just want to sleep the entire time. It's really hard with a baby because you have that responsibility...it's not like you can just crash and not do anything.

laurentellez
07-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Hun I totally feel the same way

Its like i took alot of Benadryl ... Which helps me with anxiety anyways...

brookie93
07-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Exactly. On Tuesday I had my first counseling appointment and I had expressed some anxiety to him about the fact that I have to fly across the country this weekend. His response was that, well, if you have a panic attack on the plane, so what, then you have a panic attack on the plane and it will peak and then go away and you'll be fine. Well, I get where he was coming from, and he's essentially right...but in my previous experience with my own panic attacks, they leave me ravaged for like a week! I'm going on vacation! I don't want to be exhausted and just want to sleep the entire time. It's really hard with a baby because you have that responsibility...it's not like you can just crash and not do anything.

I understand what he is saying but it's hard to tell myself that during a panic attack. I would love to go on vacation as long as I wasn't anxious the whole time ! Lol but exactly Having a child and anxiety is not fun ! I don't want it to affect her

brookie93
07-19-2013, 12:17 PM
Its like i took alot of Benadryl ... Which helps me with anxiety anyways...

Yes I agree. Almost like its an instant sleeping pill which wouldn't bother me if I actually had the chance to sleep

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Right after I have a panic attack I'm so sleepy and almost feel a sense of relief. Weird

brookie93
07-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Right after I have a panic attack I'm so sleepy and almost feel a sense of relief. Weird

I get that way also

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:33 PM
I get that way also

Ps, my name is Brooke :)

brookie93
07-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Ps, my name is Brooke :)

Hey so is mine! Lol

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Hey so is mine! Lol

I figured lol

aclockworkrystn
07-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Right after a bad panic attack I feel really good. Like so relieved that its over. I feel calm and almost sedated. It's a nice feeling. But then, yes, I get very exhausted. Always End up in bed early on days I've had an attack.

brookie93
07-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Right after a bad panic attack I feel really good. Like so relieved that its over. I feel calm and almost sedated. It's a nice feeling. But then, yes, I get very exhausted. Always End up in bed early on days I've had an attack.

I do as well!