PDA

View Full Version : Feeling so lost & discouraged

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:28 AM
My anxiety is at an all time high. Dizzy, dry mouth like no other, can't catch breath/when I doze off I jolt awake and feel like I can't breathe. I used to only get anxiety/panic attacks when he was at work on the midnight shift and never during the day but lately I'm having it 24/7. I can't take much more. I don't sleep at night.

ADD
07-19-2013, 03:16 AM
I'm sorry you are going through with this but "Verily with every difficulty comes ease" :)..

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 05:01 AM
My anxiety is at an all time high. Dizzy, dry mouth like no other, can't catch breath/when I doze off I jolt awake and feel like I can't breathe. I used to only get anxiety/panic attacks when he was at work on the midnight shift and never during the day but lately I'm having it 24/7. I can't take much more. I don't sleep at night.

By he I meant my husband.

str8trippin
07-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Hey MrsJ...sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I can relate to everything you said--feeling dizzy, dry mouth, can't breathe, jolting awake--I was going through the exact same things and it was beginning to feel like it was completely taking over my life. For the most part, I've been feeling 110% better. I have horrible health anxiety, and I'm still figuring out how to overcome that since it seems like we are so inundated with horrible things (in the news and everywhere) on a daily basis. Last night I tried to watch one of my favorite TV shows which has just started a new season and first episode right off the bat one of the young girls finds out she has cancer. O_O All I wanted to do was watch my show but even that was confronting my fears! At any rate, when I was going through the roughest part of my anxiety a few weeks ago, I was taking baths on a nightly basis when I was feeling how you described because it seemed to be the only place I could relax, and it usually helped me relax enough to get through the night. Along with that, I found a really great organic stress/tension tea that I love and is very calming!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 08:29 AM
Hey MrsJ...sorry to hear you are having a rough time. I can relate to everything you said--feeling dizzy, dry mouth, can't breathe, jolting awake--I was going through the exact same things and it was beginning to feel like it was completely taking over my life. For the most part, I've been feeling 110% better. I have horrible health anxiety, and I'm still figuring out how to overcome that since it seems like we are so inundated with horrible things (in the news and everywhere) on a daily basis. Last night I tried to watch one of my favorite TV shows which has just started a new season and first episode right off the bat one of the young girls finds out she has cancer. O_O All I wanted to do was watch my show but even that was confronting my fears! At any rate, when I was going through the roughest part of my anxiety a few weeks ago, I was taking baths on a nightly basis when I was feeling how you described because it seemed to be the only place I could relax, and it usually helped me relax enough to get through the night. Along with that, I found a really great organic stress/tension tea that I love and is very calming!

So in order you for you to feel 110% better you are just doing a tea (I have chamomile) and nightly baths? I've been doing nightly lavender baths

str8trippin
07-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I've done a few things...I've been seeing a doctor and ruling out secondary (physical) causes for my anxiety and related symptoms. As I've been able to check things off the list of possibilities and things that scare me, it has eased my mind significantly. So although some of my health fears are still there, I'm better able to rationalize to myself based on fact. While I do have anxiety about other things, my health anxiety has taken the forefront, so it is by far the thing I struggle with most, and the thing that helps the most with that is to be reassured that what I'm feeling isn't rooted in something more serious than anxiety. Other than that, I started with nightly baths (I used a stress and tension bath salt by Village Naturals, or another one they have for muscle aches and pains because I get so tense) and the tea, and have done some massage and relaxation with a good friend of mine that has helped. I do also take some vitamin supplements (B Vitamin Complex, Vitamin D3, Acidophilus Probiotic and Magnesium) at the suggestion of my women's health practitioner, and I started counseling this week, which has already helped me just to know that I am on the right track, and reassure me that what I'm not alone in what I'm going through...it has just kind of provided me with additional support that seems to vital to me lately.

Sourcon33
07-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Something that helped me a great deal is writing. Just get online and write things out. Write out exactly how you are feeling and what thoughts you are thinking. When you write it out you might realize that what you are worrying about isn't something you should worry about. Also when it comes time to sleep what I like to do is put on some meditation music or some nature sounds that always helps me sleep peacefully. Trying to stay positive can change a lot. I was in a really terrible state where I would worry constantly and always think of new things to worry about or be scared about. What I did was sit down and let every thought come in. I took them all for what they were. Just thoughts that actually weren't things to be worrying about. Then I would tell myself everything will be okay. Instead of looking towards the future and worrying if I am going to be worried in the future I just said I don't know what is coming in the future so just let what happens happen. Everything happens for a reason. Even though the unknown is scary we just need to let the cards fall where they may. I know all of this is easier said than done but having a positive attitude did wonders for me.

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 11:22 AM
I've done a few things...I've been seeing a doctor and ruling out secondary (physical) causes for my anxiety and related symptoms. As I've been able to check things off the list of possibilities and things that scare me, it has eased my mind significantly. So although some of my health fears are still there, I'm better able to rationalize to myself based on fact. While I do have anxiety about other things, my health anxiety has taken the forefront, so it is by far the thing I struggle with most, and the thing that helps the most with that is to be reassured that what I'm feeling isn't rooted in something more serious than anxiety. Other than that, I started with nightly baths (I used a stress and tension bath salt by Village Naturals, or another one they have for muscle aches and pains because I get so tense) and the tea, and have done some massage and relaxation with a good friend of mine that has helped. I do also take some vitamin supplements (B Vitamin Complex, Vitamin D3, Acidophilus Probiotic and Magnesium) at the suggestion of my women's health practitioner, and I started counseling this week, which has already helped me just to know that I am on the right track, and reassure me that what I'm not alone in what I'm going through...it has just kind of provided me with additional support that seems to vital to me lately.

I've also been to many doctors, cardiologist, etc since 2011 to rule things out and I always seem to be fine. I have taken D3 a couple times but didn't stay consistent with it. I have been wanting to try magnesium but I forgot to ask my doctor how much and what kind to take so I don't wanna make an appointment to just ask that.

str8trippin
07-19-2013, 11:44 AM
The Vitamin D3 was recommended to me by my women's health doc...she said 2000 units a day, so I'm starting with that. If I have to have blood drawn again though I'm going to ask for them to check my Vitamin D levels just in case I have a deficiency. Do you have any kind of insurance with a nurse hotline? My insurance has a 24 hour hotline that you can call and speak with an RN...you might be able to do that instead of making an appointment to ask about the Magnesium. Here's some good information about it, that also shows recommended dietary allowances.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

But I'm in the same boat...I see a primary doctor and have had an initial full panel of blood work which was normal, vitals are always normal except for reactive high blood pressure, and had an EKG which was normal, and now I've also seen women's health (no concerns there) and audiology (test results were normal)...waiting on results from second set of blood work and did have x-rays done to check my c-spine and the curvature is off so I'm going to a chiropractor and really hoping that is going to help with my tension headaches and head symptoms because they are by far the worst ones I have, and the scariest. Also scheduled to see an ENT in September, so I just keep checking things off the list.

I've also been to many doctors, cardiologist, etc since 2011 to rule things out and I always seem to be fine. I have taken D3 a couple times but didn't stay consistent with it. I have been wanting to try magnesium but I forgot to ask my doctor how much and what kind to take so I don't wanna make an appointment to just ask that.

Blessed
07-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Mrs J88 you're on my mind. I know I have issues and concerns much like you, so I totally understand and wish the best for you!!!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Mrs J88 you're on my mind. I know I have issues and concerns much like you, so I totally understand and wish the best for you!!!

Thanks blessed, I think we are a lot alike!

MrsJ88
07-19-2013, 12:27 PM
The Vitamin D3 was recommended to me by my women's health doc...she said 2000 units a day, so I'm starting with that. If I have to have blood drawn again though I'm going to ask for them to check my Vitamin D levels just in case I have a deficiency. Do you have any kind of insurance with a nurse hotline? My insurance has a 24 hour hotline that you can call and speak with an RN...you might be able to do that instead of making an appointment to ask about the Magnesium. Here's some good information about it, that also shows recommended dietary allowances.

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Magnesium-HealthProfessional/

But I'm in the same boat...I see a primary doctor and have had an initial full panel of blood work which was normal, vitals are always normal except for reactive high blood pressure, and had an EKG which was normal, and now I've also seen women's health (no concerns there) and audiology (test results were normal)...waiting on results from second set of blood work and did have x-rays done to check my c-spine and the curvature is off so I'm going to a chiropractor and really hoping that is going to help with my tension headaches and head symptoms because they are by far the worst ones I have, and the scariest. Also scheduled to see an ENT in September, so I just keep checking things off the list.

Str8- I do have really good insurance never thought to ring a nurse, I know I can so that's a good idea!! I was vitamin D3 deficient when I was pregnant so I should probably take it consistently.