PDA

View Full Version : Worst day Of My Life so Far!/:

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 07:38 PM
So today I went on with my day as usual and I wasnt feeling that great but I'm used to it I guess. But about an hour ago I had a severe attack palpitations severe shortness of breath and my throat felt as if it was closing up on me.
besides me do any of you suffer from nasal congestion? One of my pores is always blocked for some reason.
Please leave some feedback I'd appreciate it

kimby88
07-18-2013, 07:55 PM
I get this blocked up feeling alot and throat closing sensation. Its not pleasant to say the least. I am very blocked up atm think it's hay fever

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 07:57 PM
I get this blocked up feeling alot and throat closing sensation. Its not pleasant to say the least. I am very blocked up atm think it's hay fever
Do you know of anyway to relieve some of the symptoms?
i Hope its not asthma or something

kimby88
07-18-2013, 07:58 PM
I steam my face maybe a few menthol crystals if you have them drop a few in the water.

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 08:01 PM
I steam my face maybe a few menthol crystals if you have them drop a few in the water.
Thanks for the advice . Do you take any allergy medication, like zyrtec ...etc..

u4ea
07-18-2013, 09:46 PM
Hmmm - I've been having the exact same symptoms and also get paranoid over the thought, "is it asthma?"

I think it may be allergies (allergies seem to be bad this year), but haven't taken any allergy meds; I only use a netti pot to flush out the sinuses. It's interesting how many symptoms people post on here I can relate too; there definitely seems to be MANY symptom similarities between anxiety sufferers.

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 09:52 PM
Hmmm - I've been having the exact same symptoms and also get paranoid over the thought, "is it asthma?"

I think it may be allergies (allergies seem to be bad this year), but haven't taken any allergy meds; I only use a netti pot to flush out the sinuses. It's interesting how many symptoms people post on here I can relate too; there definitely seems to be MANY symptom similarities between anxiety sufferers.
I'm glad there's more people out there that can relate to my discomfort.
I was in the ER yesterday and i did bring up asthma but according to them since I have no cough or wheezing that it wasn't asthma

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 09:53 PM
If anyone else knows what this can be please reply. This felling of not being able to breathe is annoying

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 09:54 PM
If anyone else knows what this can be please reply. This felling of not being able to breathe is annoying

Asthma isn't that bad I mean it sucks but I have had it my whole life

Rickk90
07-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Asthma isn't that bad I mean it sucks but I have had it my whole life
What are your symptoms
and how did they diagnose you

Bam77
07-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I have bad allergies. This is the worst year so far. Im thinking about trying some Benadryl myself.

defmunel
07-18-2013, 10:59 PM
I've had terrible post nasal drip this year. Been ongoing for 4 months. Practically to the point where the mucous makes me want to vomit. I'm constantly clearing out phlegm. My nose gets plugged when I lay down. Because I'm pregnant I can't take anything. I've been told to try the Nettie pot, but haven't done it yet. I get really frustrated with the symptoms, and I've gone back and forth between acceptance and fearing its something terrible. I've also been to my doc too many times regarding the issue. Just told its allergy or virus related, and nothing to do about it. So, I live with it. Sometimes I feel like my throat is so tight and closing in on me, but yet I can breathe fine. It's mostly my throat and jaw muscles that I've been tensing. Once I relax them, I feel a bit better. Hang in there. It sucks!

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 11:54 PM
What are your symptoms
and how did they diagnose you

Shortness of breath, smothering feeling, wheezing. And

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 11:55 PM
Shortness of breath, smothering feeling, wheezing. And

Sorry I meant and idk about diagnosis cause I was probably like 4

em1
07-19-2013, 03:50 AM
So today I went on with my day as usual and I wasnt feeling that great but I'm used to it I guess. But about an hour ago I had a severe attack palpitations severe shortness of breath and my throat felt as if it was closing up on me.
besides me do any of you suffer from nasal congestion? One of my pores is always blocked for some reason.
Please leave some feedback I'd appreciate it

Yes I have this all the time and it also makes me feel dizzy to

bonehead
07-19-2013, 04:14 AM
Often one of the first symptoms of anxiety. People complain of feeling as though they will choke or being strangled. In reality it’s not nearly so dramatic - the muscles in the throat contract and salivary glands produce thick mucus leading to a feeling of restriction around the throat, it can produce a feeling that you are having difficulty swallowing or breathing. In fact you are not having difficulty; it just feels as though you are. You also get a dry mouth and it can feel like you cannot drink but you can.

(copied from the www)