PDA

View Full Version : Blood in phlegm!!

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 04:23 PM
WTF??! I am freaking out to say the least! I cleared my throat and sucked it up so I could spit and there was blood several times!!!

Blessed
07-18-2013, 05:14 PM
WTF??! I am freaking out to say the least! I cleared my throat and sucked it up so I could spit and there was blood several times!!!

Don't panic this has happened to me a lot turned out to be my sinuses . Hope your doing well :)

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Don't panic this has happened to me a lot turned out to be my sinuses . Hope your doing well :)

Thanks... I'm at the urgent care now.. No other symptoms but the blood.

Blessed
07-18-2013, 05:35 PM

Ok hang in there :) my thoughts and prayers are with you.

brookie93
07-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Keep us updated on how your doing!!

frankzito
07-18-2013, 05:48 PM

I hope you will be ok! :-)

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 05:51 PM
I hope you will be ok! :-)

Thanks everyone. They are gonna do a blood test, a chest x-ray and a strep test even though my throat really doesn't hurt. I'm so scared.

frankzito
07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Thanks everyone. They are gonna do a blood test, a chest x-ray and a strep test even though my throat really doesn't hurt. I'm so scared.

You may end up ten times better after its all
Over. Give you some relief!

laurentellez
07-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Whenever i would spit blood, i went to,doctor and he told me my gums were infected and when i tried to,get phlegm out of my throat, i actually was sucking blood out of my gums. Because i had a small infection in gums.. Or gingivitis... :) good luck

Stephj526
07-18-2013, 06:28 PM

I did this and it ended up being a sinus infection. But hopefully it will make you feel better seeing a doctor and give you some relief knowing.

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 07:18 PM
I did this and it ended up being a sinus infection. But hopefully it will make you feel better seeing a doctor and give you some relief knowing.

I'm fine everyone... Chest x-ray was fine and strep test was negative. They aren't sure what was going on but maybe something scratched my throat they said.

frankzito
07-18-2013, 07:23 PM
I'm fine everyone... Chest x-ray was fine and strep test was negative. They aren't sure what was going on but maybe something scratched my throat they said.

Glad to hear! Yay!!

Blessed
07-18-2013, 07:51 PM

Glad to hear:) hope this eases your mind !