PDA

View Full Version : Getting sleepy early

brookie93
07-18-2013, 02:42 PM
So pretty much since I have had my baby my anxiety has gotten progressively worse and the past few weeks I have had panic attacks everyday so between that and takin care of her once 8 hits I have a hard time keeping my eyes open.. Some nights I can't sleep but lately I have gotten so worked up during the day I am completely exhausted early at night. I am not sure how to fix this but I need to so I'm not grumpy taking care of her and so I can have some time with her dad when he gets home from work.. I start Zoloft tonight but have yet to get into counseling .. This happen to anyone else?

str8trippin
07-18-2013, 03:47 PM
If you just had a baby, that's reason enough in itself to feel exhausted by the end of the day! Exhaustion can fuel anxiety, at least it does for me. The less rested I am, the more antsy I get, not to mention irritable, and my anxiety seems to build from there. I would just say try to rest as much as possible...if you are able to nap when the baby is napping, do it, even if you are forgoing other things that need to be done because your sanity and clarity are really important. If you are having trouble sleeping, taking the time to allow your body to relax is still helpful...even if it just means your are closing your eyes and sitting still for a few minutes. Maybe try some relaxing music, a warm bath, a cup of tea (there are some great stress and tension relief teas out there)...if you can get a massage that is another great way to help your body relax. I just started counseling yesterday and I already know it's going to be beneficial for me, so looking into that might be a good idea!

brookie93
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
If you just had a baby, that's reason enough in itself to feel exhausted by the end of the day! Exhaustion can fuel anxiety, at least it does for me. The less rested I am, the more antsy I get, not to mention irritable, and my anxiety seems to build from there. I would just say try to rest as much as possible...if you are able to nap when the baby is napping, do it, even if you are forgoing other things that need to be done because your sanity and clarity are really important. If you are having trouble sleeping, taking the time to allow your body to relax is still helpful...even if it just means your are closing your eyes and sitting still for a few minutes. Maybe try some relaxing music, a warm bath, a cup of tea (there are some great stress and tension relief teas out there)...if you can get a massage that is another great way to help your body relax. I just started counseling yesterday and I already know it's going to be beneficial for me, so looking into that might be a good idea!

Sounds like some good advice she's almost two months so I thought I would be used to it by now. Besides counseling are you on any medication ?

str8trippin
07-18-2013, 04:05 PM
I think I was tired for the first year after my daughter was born! It wears you out, probably more than you even realize sometimes. No medications right now (was prescribed Xanax, Ativan and Paxil by a previous doctor but I don't really use them and my new doctor wants me to hold off on the long term medication because she thinks I can manage it without)...taking some supplements though (Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, and Acidophilus Probiotic) which I recently started and hoping that, exercise and diet are able to improve things!

Marcus Hunter
11-05-2015, 07:37 AM
My wife swears by a juicing 'diet'. God forbid I call it a diet in front of her, but now she mixes juicing with healthy fruits, vegetables, chicken, and fish. Also, lets now forget the gallon of water she drinks everyday.The last thing you want to do is put toxins in your body, try getting you body moving just like people used to do before all the modern stuff (e.g. prescription drugs, inept doctors, etc.)I swear, if you go natural for just 2 weeks, you will notice a difference. I noticed the difference in my wife as she noticed the difference in herself.

Good luck Brookie, and God bless.

Crystal8187
12-27-2015, 09:48 PM
I was the same way started supplements checking blood levels vitamin d was low have been taking tons of supplements plus working out and I'm feeling so much better

MainerMikeBrown
12-28-2015, 05:07 PM
I've never had children before. But I used to have trouble getting to sleep...until I started taking psychiatric meds, that is.