PDA

View Full Version : Lying

Sourcon33
07-18-2013, 09:02 AM
So I used to have a bad problem with lying. It was really something I just did. I would lie about anything. I feel like it was really a self esteem thing that would make me feel better. But I have realized that I was a liar and I am fixing it now. I can barely even tell little white lies now because I feel bad about it. Which is actually a good thing. But when I am dealing with a lot of anxiety I feel like my mind always tells myself that I am lying even though I know I am not which makes me worry and then it makes me challenge things that I already know are true. This kind of just causes a vicious circle of anxiety because I stress about all of these different things even though I know that what I am saying is true and that challenging my thinking is ridiculous because the things I am saying I know are 100% true. But I just can't seem to shake it sometimes then I feel like I obsess over it all the time. Anyone else have any problems like this? Or any problem where they challenge themselves on things they already know are true?
Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Marlow
07-18-2013, 09:39 AM
I may have already told you this in the PM but I have obsessive thoughts as well. Even though logic tells me what I am doing is right, I cant shake the "feelings". Its terrible, beyond logic, and miserable. I know what you mean, but I am almost always an honest person. I try to be honest with myself and others. Unfortunatly because I cant lie to myself I have terrible defense mechanisms. I sometimes get joy out of "trolling" people but thats just for fun.