brian_s_21
07-17-2013, 09:23 PM
I want to wake up not having anxiety!!

aclockworkrystn
07-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Me too. Never used to much but lately I have been :(

JLBnole68
07-17-2013, 10:39 PM
You will. With the combination of the right therapy, behavior/thought modification and medication. I know a lot of people are opposed to taking meds, but I'm a firm believer in having the extra help to get the physical things under control before you can realistically tackle and conquer the long-term (and most valuable) mental ones. Until you can learn to confront your anxiety and alter your thought patterns towards it, the brain will keep releasing those fight or flight chemicals (adrenaline and cortisol) that feed all the ugly symptoms. That, to me, is the only path for kicking anxiety for good...or at least keep it at bay for long periods of time. Good luck to you. I hope your journey to healing starts soon. Don't despair, despite all the negative things you'll read on here. You CAN get better if that's your ultimate goal. From many of the posts I read on here, I'm not sure some people are ready to heal with some of the negative things they constantly inflict upon themselves.

raggamuffin
07-18-2013, 02:31 AM
It won't ever go overnight. It took months/years of stress and worry to result in anxiety. Through acceptance it is anxiety and removing fear and worry about symptoms. Reading about anxiety, understanding it and keeping a healthy diet you can overcome anxiety. However this will take months or longer. We'd all love an instant cure but it simply won't happen.

Ed