PDA

View Full Version : Effexor

sesler
07-17-2013, 09:09 PM
I want to get off Effexor and try exercise, meditation, and healthy eating to help with my anxiety and depression. I have only been on it for 5 months. I'm also on klonopin and plan to use it in on a needed basis while getting off the Effexor What is the best way to get off the Effexor? I was on Wellbutrin for many years and quit cold turkey. I never had any withdrawal symptoms. I realized when I went on vacation last week I had a bag just for medication. I had my vitamins, calcium pills, anti anxiety medication, muscle relaxers for my neck pain and my migraine medicine. That's when I decided I didn't want to be this way anymore. All I really need is my vitamins, calcium pills, and migraine medication. I bought a special pillow for my neck and take ibuprofen and use the heating pad when needed. Any advice you can give me on quitting the Effexor would be appreciated.

aclockworkrystn
07-17-2013, 09:34 PM
I took Effexor for around the same amount if time and wanted to stop because I didn't feel like myself anymore. I was zoned out all the time and had trouble concentrating. I definitely had withdrawl so it is best to ask your doctor how you should wean off. I forget the amount I was taking but it was once a day. I believe I started taking it every other day for a couple weeks and then every third day and so forth. I definitely do not recommend quitting cold turkey. Whenever I would miss a pill (before I started weaning off) I just felt awful. I can't explain it. Just didn't feel right. My skin would crawl and I got electric zap feelings throughout my body. But if you talk to your doctor and go about it properly, you should do fine. Good luck! I've never regretted going off of it.

sesler
07-18-2013, 10:45 AM
I will talk to my doctor. I like the way you did it. Did you actually have the sick feeling while you did it this way?

aclockworkrystn
07-18-2013, 11:33 AM
The first couple days, yes but my body soon got used to only having it every other day, then every third day, etc. I only felt a bit sick the first few days where I didn't take it. After that, I felt fine. Ultimately it wasn't bad at all and like I said, I've never regretted it. :)

aclockworkrystn
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Like i did not feel deathly ill or anything at any point, just a little off. Hope I didn't scare you. It really wasn't that bad!