PDA

View Full Version : Lack of motivation, could use some help :)

PositiveThinking!
07-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey, so these past few days I've been feeling really demotivated and I'm not quite sure what the cause might be.

I went on a small vacation to Holland about a month ago, I was feeling great, barely any anxiety (if any at all) and life just seemed to be going more than well, I had loads of fun there and even before going I was doing great, but as soon as I came back I started to feel a bit down and demotivated, at first it all seemed natural since I live in Portugal and the lifestyle in the Netherlands is much different (and better in my opinion) , but now it's getting kind of unbearable.
I usually keep a bottle of Clonazepam just for emergencies but I've been taking one everyday ever since I came back because I just can't handle the anxiety anymore, and I've been feeling extremely demotivated for no reason, I was always a bit like this but I just can't find a logic explanation for what's going on right now, about a year ago I started a healthy diet along with exercise and multiple lifestyle changes, everything worked out just great but it's like I "lost" myself when I came back from Holland... I have a lot of spare time (sadly because I don't have a job or any occupation) and I used to find comfort in online games, playing guitar, swimming pool or just going for a morning jog but I have absolutely no motivation for any of that now, I have this feeling that most of that stuff is useless and that I might as well not do it, at first I thought of depression, since I was depressed multiple times like a few years back and even took medication for it, but it just doesn't feel the same. Along with the concentration/memory issues I have it led me to think this could be something related to ADD/ADHD, I have a huge problem with this it's like I always need an explanation for something, something that actually makes sense because if it doesn't then it kinda drives me crazy... so I'll just list my symptoms below:

- Lack of motivation (for everything, even gaming which I used to love)
- Bad memory (I even forget to take lunch once in a while)
- Extremely hard to concentrate on anything
- General anxiety (racing heartbeat, pulsing feeling in the head and shakey)
- Self-Esteem dropping
- Can't really sleep well

I'd be thankful if you guys could help me out with this one!

acetone
07-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Perhaps the root of your depression is your unemployment?

PositiveThinking!
07-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Could be... Still I find all this very awkward