PDA

View Full Version : Think about the symptom = Feel the symptom.

Shepard
07-16-2013, 09:22 PM
This happen to anyone else? I've been doing fairly well lately, but had a major set back Sunday..felt like I took 2 steps foward and 3 giant steps backwards and I've been disappointed and stressed with myself since.

Anyway, one of the things that really frustrates me is I could be feeling fine, then have a thought about feeling dizzy, or short of breath and bam, I start feeling dizzy and/or short of breath which makes me feel on edge for a few hours. I'm pretty sure it's caused by the classic "fear of fear"..but it makes me mad that I still have this fear, especially after feeling like it's been under control.

solta
07-16-2013, 11:34 PM
The worst part for me is when I feel good for a while and then for some reason I get anxious again. This makes me feel like you said: two steps forward and three steps backwards. Recetly, though, I've started to think less about the dissapointment of feeling anxious again and focus more on the fact that, hey, I just had a few awesome days so why wouldn't I soon feel like that again.

I have the same exact thing with the thoughts. For me its the palpitations. They usually come only when I go to bed, though, but they're there pretty much every night. The more I focus on them the stronger they feel. I try to keep the radio on and focus on the people talking there. Keeping my attention somewhere else really helps with the symptoms. Even if they don't go away at least they won't get any worse. Everyday I think less and less about them and I feel like I'm recovering pretty well. You'll get through this too! :)

M.C
07-17-2013, 04:18 AM
I ve been feeling the same

I had a phase of relaxation where I didn't feel anxious at all
All my pain went away and I was feeling normal again
Suddenly the pain was back the thought of me being very ill is haunting me again and the feeling that I m going to pass away at any moment is frightening me
It s like I ve gone to square one again after all the progress I made
I just hate it!!!!!!!!!!