PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack!!

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Please help! Panicking for no apparent reason. My stomach started getting this really full/tight feeling up by my ribs and underneath them. So I started panicking. Afraid I'm having a heart attack, heart is racing coupled with the full feeling and I'm breathing weird and can't get a deep breath

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Please help! Panicking for no apparent reason. My stomach started getting this really full/tight feeling up by my ribs and underneath them. So I started panicking. Afraid I'm having a heart attack, heart is racing coupled with the full feeling and I'm breathing weird and can't get a deep breath

We're you at rest? Does your heart ever do this when more active ?

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 08:49 PM

Yes very at rest... Just took a lavender bath and then was breast feeding my son for bed time which is usually extremely calming for me.

antcee72
07-16-2013, 08:50 PM
Try splashing cold water in your face...do you have any xanex?

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 08:51 PM

Yes, my heart races going up one flight of stairs even but it doesn't race at rest unless I'm panicking. I've been to a cardiologist and had a full work up of tests, and was told I'm fine. That was in 2011.

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Try splashing cold water in your face...do you have any xanex?

No I have no meds, not now because of breast feeding and before then I had a bad experience with Zoloft so never took anything again besides all the natural things I try daily

JLBnole68
07-16-2013, 08:57 PM
This sounds like possibly a digestive issue. Try to stay calm. Have you ever been diagnosed with GERD (reflux disease), IBS or a hiatal hernia? These can cause the exact symptoms you are describing. Also, when you panic, you tend to swallow more air whether you realize it or not. This can lead to trapped gas that can sometimes push up into the diaphragm. This can cause breathing issues and heart palpitations. I get these fairly often. Try some Gas-X chewables (you can take up to 5 or 6 at a time according to my gastroenterologist), or some Alka Seltzer tablets with simethicone (this will make you burp) or even try drinking some hot ginger tea. Try not to get yourself worked up. Hope you feel better soon. I know it's unpleasant.

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 09:00 PM
This sounds like possibly a digestive issue. Try to stay calm. Have you ever been diagnosed with GERD (reflux disease), IBS or a hiatal hernia? These can cause the exact symptoms you are describing. Also, when you panic, you tend to swallow more air whether you realize it or not. This can lead to trapped gas that can sometimes push up into the diaphragm. This can cause breathing issues and heart palpitations. I get these fairly often. Try some Gas-X chewables (you can take up to 5 or 6 at a time according to my gastroenterologist), or some Alka Seltzer tablets with simethicone (this will make you burp) or even try drinking some hot ginger tea. Try not to get yourself worked up. Hope you feel better soon. I know it's unpleasant.

Thanks. During pregnancy I had bad GERD but not anymore.. This feeling just popped up and then went away within 5 minutes but now I'm just anxious as heck

frankzito
07-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Yes, my heart races going up one flight of stairs even but it doesn't race at rest unless I'm panicking. I've been to a cardiologist and had a full work up of tests, and was told I'm fine. That was in 2011.

Doesn't sound like a bad heart to me. Same things we all get hunny. I lay on a cold floor and try and breath moderately, kinda shallow . Sorry you feel this way now

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad heart to me. Same things we all get hunny. I lay on a cold floor and try and breath moderately, kinda shallow . Sorry you feel this way now

The breathing shallow is a good idea.. All too often people tell me to do deep breathing and that MAKES me anxious, it does NOT help.

frankzito
07-16-2013, 09:07 PM
The breathing shallow is a good idea.. All too often people tell me to do deep breathing and that MAKES me anxious, it does NOT help.

Same with me! Those shorter breaths seem to be better!, when I get a full attack, I like to do the same thing as when I've drank too much, lay on a cold floor. :).

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Same with me! Those shorter breaths seem to be better!, when I get a full attack, I like to do the same thing as when I've drank too much, lay on a cold floor. :).

Lol I did notice I got very sweaty even though I had the ac blasting and the fan going

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 09:09 PM
I did notice I got very hot quick... Even though I had the ac blasting and the fan going

frankzito
07-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I did notice I got very hot quick... Even though I had the ac blasting and the fan going

Hot and sweaty ? Did you feel like you had to use the restroom too? All those symptoms can be that exactly like jlbnole said.

MrsJ88
07-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Hot and sweaty ? Did you feel like you had to use the restroom too? All those symptoms can be that exactly like jlbnole said.

Yeah kind of but I didn't go cause I was breast feeding lol

MrsJ88
07-17-2013, 12:26 AM
I just can't calm down tonight! :(

blackopz432
07-17-2013, 02:59 AM
I just can't calm down tonight! :(

just write down exactly what is going like example

>panicking because of this
>before it was this
>been going on this long

its to kind of trick oneself into calming down, because you either see a long list of rediculous thing that there is no reason to be afraid of, or you see how long it's been going on and then you realize it's been all day and if it was threatening you wouldn't be writing how long it's been going on.

just try it next time, and my heaet races all the time, I check it, and it is 80-100 which is still normal and it's in my head that it's beating to hard, exercise or working out can help that though!

Blessed
07-17-2013, 08:56 AM

I hope your feeling better hun!! I've been struggling with stomach/ fullness tightness bloating extreme pain and stabbing pain on right side of stomach just under ribs for over two weeks now... So scary!!!! I feel for you. I'm leaning more towards IBS related.

JLBnole68
07-17-2013, 09:02 AM
I hope your feeling better hun!! I've been struggling with stomach/ fullness tightness bloating extreme pain and stabbing pain on right side of stomach just under ribs for over two weeks now... So scary!!!! I feel for you. I'm leaning more towards IBS related.

Blessed, that sounds like it could possibly be your gall bladder. Have you had it checked?

MrsJ88
07-17-2013, 10:59 AM
My heart is just racing today, so much so that I'm all jittery and jello feeling

laurentellez
07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Deep breathing helps me alot. Slows my heart rate alot.. My rate was very high yesterday and me feel real jittery

MrsJ88
07-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Perverted... Lol i have had some perverted dreams here lately but i thought i was just sexually frustrated... Didn't link it to anxiety :)

What? I'm confused.

frankzito
07-17-2013, 11:25 AM
What? I'm confused.

I think she posted in the wrong spot lol

laurentellez
07-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Im very sorry,lol i was reading through too many at one time..

Blessed
07-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Blessed, that sounds like it could possibly be your gall bladder. Have you had it checked?

I had my gallbladder taken out in 2002. That's what keeps fueling by anxiety is wondering what the heck???

MrsJ88
07-18-2013, 07:08 PM
I had my gallbladder taken out in 2002. That's what keeps fueling by anxiety is wondering what the heck???

Hmm... Maybe blessed. I still have my gall bladder and that feeling only lasted about 10 minutes.