PDA

View Full Version : How often do you guys have an "Attack"

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 05:39 PM
Just wondering how often you guys have an attack or feel any strange symptom.

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Once a day for. And that's when my anxiety is settled. If not and I'm in bad shape then once every hour ... It sucks

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Well not a attack once a day but symptoms

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Well not a attack once a day but symptoms
I too get them once a day,i thought i was the only one.

frankzito
07-16-2013, 06:23 PM
It's hard to go through a day without some type of symptom. On a real good day, just a little dizziness is al I get. On a bad day, hot flashes, palps, chest pains, sick stomach. I could go on forever .

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Yeah ihave my bad days too... But worse day ever was depersonalization , migraine, lightheaded or,dizzy, distorted vision

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 06:38 PM
do any of you guys have issues when it comes to driving?
for some reason I occasionally get heart palps

aclockworkrystn
07-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Lately it's been almost once a day. My anxiety is extremely bad in the summer.

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 06:54 PM
No i get shaky and sweaty hands when i start to feel one coming on.. And, if im in traffic oh Lord i try to pull off... Yeah right. I just breath deep. Think rationally and go about my business...

frankzito
07-16-2013, 06:56 PM

Driving gets to me. Never had an attack during, but came close lots of times . Stoplights are even worse. I get tingly and toes and fingers go numb, and get Hotflashes . Medicines have helped

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 07:01 PM
Alot of people talk about heart palps. But I have noticed that i get them after i drink carbonated drinks... Do u drink alot of those types of drinks. My doc said it could also b trapped gas .. Ppl with anxiety tend to swallow alot of air. Gas bubbles in ur chest can make.u fee like that. I havent had a soda in 2 weeks and no heart palps or bubbly tight chest

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM
Jason,
Same happened to me not so long ago. Like a dart numbness shot down my arms and into my thumbs. Sweaty back and chest and hands clamy.. I was also at a stop light

aclockworkrystn
07-16-2013, 07:03 PM

I don't drive often at all because I'm just too nervous about it. The last tone I drive I just went to the store a minute away from home, got really anxious while waiting in line, started to feel slightly better when I got in the car and turned on the air. Once I started driving I was surprisingly calm... I have never had an attack while driving but I can't imagine how awful it would be if I did so I just avoid it at this point.

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
I don't drive often at all because I'm just too nervous about it. The last tone I drive I just went to the store a minute away from home, got really anxious while waiting in line, started to feel slightly better when I got in the car and turned on the air. Once I started driving I was surprisingly calm... I have never had an attack while driving but I can't imagine how awful it would be if I did so I just avoid it at this point.
Unfortunately i live in LA (california) where traffic is terrible/:

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Driving gets to me. Never had an attack during, but came close lots of times . Stoplights are even worse. I get tingly and toes and fingers go numb, and get Hotflashes . Medicines have helped

What medication are you on?

frankzito
07-16-2013, 07:22 PM
What medication are you on?

Escitalopram 10mg, and Xanax when needed. I take a beta blocker as well for when I had the heart pounding

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:27 PM
Escitalopram 10mg, and Xanax when needed. I take a beta blocker as well for when I had the heart pounding
My cardiologist gave me A beta blocker
and my general physician gave me Cymbalta as well as Xanax
but I stopped taking both the beta and cymbalta.
Cymbalta caused my anxiety to raise and the beta blocker made me Feel really tired.

frankzito
07-16-2013, 07:32 PM
My cardiologist gave me A beta blocker
and my general physician gave me Cymbalta as well as Xanax
but I stopped taking both the beta and cymbalta.
Cymbalta caused my anxiety to raise and the beta blocker made me Feel really tired.

I have to admit, the beta blocker I'm
Not crazy about. Used to feeling my heart beat all the time. And when I'm really relaxed I can't feel anything. Makes me panic some :-/ maybe you could try an new med. I never wanted medicines, but they have helped a lot.

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:34 PM
I have to admit, the beta blocker I'm
Not crazy about. Used to feeling my heart beat all the time. And when I'm really relaxed I can't feel anything. Makes me panic some :-/ maybe you could try an new med. I never wanted medicines, but they have helped a lot.
well this other beta isnt terribly bad but I was taking metropolol and had to stop it immediately. (Not trying to sound like a freak) but my sexual desire was completely gone

frankzito
07-16-2013, 07:39 PM
well this other beta isnt terribly bad but I was taking metropolol and had to stop it immediately. (Not trying to sound like a freak) but my sexual desire was completely gone

Man, I don't even care that much anymore about it lol but I understand that most normal people do. I guess that could change

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Man, I don't even care that much anymore about it lol but I understand that most normal people do. I guess that could change

well of course i'd rather choose health over it all. But im only 22 so yeah lol

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 07:49 PM
So young...

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
So young...

yup/:
not fair, 22 , athletic
now im all messed up

frankzito
07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
well of course i'd rather choose health over it all. But im only 22 so yeah lol

Wish I was 22 again . I'm 43, but I look in my thirties still . I would choose health over it too and lots of stuff . I'm doing petty good compared to a year ago. Hope you get it worked out

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
For me ongoing relentless symptoms happen more consistently and brutally smh..

And then every once in a while I have a full on attack.. I think sometimes people think?? They are having an attack, but may actually just be experiencing torturous anxiety symptoms.. Which are noooo walk in the park..

But an attack is enough to send people into the ER if it is severe enough.. It is stunning.. It exhausts you.. It is horrifying..

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Jason,
Your still a youngsta. U look in u 30's

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Jason,
Your still a youngsta. U look in u 30's

Thank you Lauren :)

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Wish I was 22 again . I'm 43, but I look in my thirties still . I would choose health over it too and lots of stuff . I'm doing petty good compared to a year ago. Hope you get it worked out

yeah, you look younger
and thank you brotha, hope all goes well for you as well.
i'll keep posting about my journey (hope I dont annoy anyone lol)

Rickk90
07-16-2013, 08:07 PM

And then every once in a while I have a full on attack.. I think sometimes people think?? They are having an attack, but may actually just be experiencing torturous anxiety symptoms.. Which are noooo walk in the park..

But an attack is enough to send people into the ER if it is severe enough.. It is stunning.. It exhausts you.. It is horrifying..

I agree,
and once you feel a symptom all hell breaks loose with more anxiety

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:07 PM

Exactly right

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Exactly right

You do look younger than you are :)

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 08:09 PM
I agree,
and once you feel a symptom all hell breaks loose with more anxiety

Yes.. One symptom triggers another etc etc etc ..

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
yeah, you look younger
and thank you brotha, hope all goes well for you as well.
i'll keep posting about my journey (hope I dont annoy anyone lol)

Your welcome, and hope the best for you. Thank you, Jason

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 08:12 PM
Keep up the good work Jason .. :°}

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:14 PM
You do look younger than you are :)

Appreciate that Kellie. That is a few year old picture though lol :-)

kelliesean
07-16-2013, 08:15 PM
Appreciate that Kellie. That is a few year old picture though lol :-)

Eehh.. What's the difference in a few years ;) ..

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Eehh.. What's the difference in a few years ;) ..

Nothing at all ;-) lol

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Keep up the good work Jason .. :°}

Who me ? ;-)

laurentellez
07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
Yes you.. Of course :-P

frankzito
07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
Yes you.. Of course :-P

I will try my best to :-D thank you!