PDA

View Full Version : Feeling unreal

DorsetGirl
07-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Does anyone else ever have feelings as if your thoughts and actions are not your own, like you are watching yourself from the outside through a "fog" and that the real world is out of reach ?

I've been feeling like this for a couple of days and was wondering if its anxiety related ? It's really bringing me down and I've self harmed just to try and feel something real

:(

HealingTime
07-16-2013, 02:05 PM
I get like that during an attack. I feel out of body like my actions are just happening and I'm not controlling them.

locksey
07-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Does anyone else ever have feelings as if your thoughts and actions are not your own, like you are watching yourself from the outside through a "fog" and that the real world is out of reach ?

I've been feeling like this for a couple of days and was wondering if its anxiety related ? It's really bringing me down and I've self harmed just to try and feel something real

:(

Yeah I get that ... Been told its anxiety .... How are you , haven't seen u on here for sometime ( then agen, I don't come on that much now )

DorsetGirl
07-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah I get that ... Been told its anxiety .... How are you , haven't seen u on here for sometime ( then agen, I don't come on that much now )

Hi Locksey,

I've not been in a good place for a while, spent some time in hospital due to my actions, and have loads of other issues to deal with so I've isolated myself for too long.

No offence to any of your replies but I'm glad it's not just me

DorsetGirl
07-16-2013, 03:01 PM
I get like that during an attack. I feel out of body like my actions are just happening and I'm not controlling them.

That's how it feels, like I'm watching my life go on without me and there is nothing I can do about it

locksey
07-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Hi Locksey,

I've not been in a good place for a while, spent some time in hospital due to my actions, and have loads of other issues to deal with so I've isolated myself for too long.

No offence to any of your replies but I'm glad it's not just me

:-(
Sorry to hear that ... Are u getting help ?

DorsetGirl
07-16-2013, 03:21 PM
:-(
Sorry to hear that ... Are u getting help ?

At the moment my GP, the Community Mental Health Team and my Occupational Health Doctor seem to be at loggerheads in deciding what is best for me and I feel like I'm being pulled all over the place and the only one who doesn't seem to have a voice is me :(

locksey
07-16-2013, 03:32 PM
At the moment my GP, the Community Mental Health Team and my Occupational Health Doctor seem to be at loggerheads in deciding what is best for me and I feel like I'm being pulled all over the place and the only one who doesn't seem to have a voice is me :(

I'm here if u ever just wan chat thru PM

DorsetGirl
07-16-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm here if u ever just wan chat thru PM

Thanks I appreciate that I will PM you tomorrow

rhar
07-16-2013, 06:20 PM
Yep used to get this ALL the time

Slammed Vdub
07-16-2013, 08:53 PM
Sounds like depersonalization, and that was the most horrifying to me.

ADD
07-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Sounds like depersonalization to me, I have that too and it's the worst feeling. Whenever it happens I have to touch a flat cold surface to make sure I'm still here. It's like being in a dream state in the real tangible world :). Common among those with anxiety ( my opinion ).

Good luck and God bless!!

raggamuffin
07-17-2013, 04:19 AM
When your mind has udnergone months/years of stress and worry it sends out symptoms. We qall know them too well,a ches and pains or panic attacks. But there's also this. The mind is basically retreating from reality. Thus everything feels "off" or not quite real. It's a common symptom of anxiety. All symptoms aren't things to worry about. The body is giving off these symptoms to say "look i'm stressed and i need to recover" it wants rest, not worry about symptoms caused by worry. Allow the symptoms to come and go. Don't fight them. Your body wants to heal so let it do it's job.

Ed

octopus
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
I feel the same way sometimes. Its kinda what its like to be dehydrated