PDA

View Full Version : So anxious/scared I can't even sleep! :( I want the night to end!

Sally Ann
07-16-2013, 05:24 AM
I dread getting anxiety during the evening/night as I know I will not be able to sleep! and it's night time! tonight especially I am feeling awfully anxious to the point where I am dizzy and I just can't relax. I wish I can just talk to someone :(.......does anyone else suffer anxiety like this?

ursamaritimas
07-17-2013, 05:30 AM
Yup I do and it sucks! Actually it's happening right now it's 4:30 AM and I still can't get some sleep! I get super jumpy and usually just stay awake until my eyeballs can't take it anymore. How are you feeling? (Sorry for highjacking your thread sally ann very inconsiderate of me i shouldn't be responding to threads like this at 4 AM :) I recommend drinking this tea blend called tension tamer or taking lemon balm, It comes in tincture form, capsules, and tea form, it really helps not only does it make you feel sleepy it also makes you feel cozy. Create a cozy nighttime ritual for yourself and prepare your space, some random ideas… take a hot bath, make a fort, make yourself a cup of tea/hot cocoa, etc, watch your favorite calming movie/series, read a book. It'll pass eventually I promise and remember your feelings can only last so long but in the meantime just let the panic be there and be as kind to yourself as possible. Take care and best of luck!

bonehead
07-17-2013, 06:20 AM
Take a chill pill. Grandma's have been using their magnesium pills and bath salts for generations to calm their nerves. It works wonders for me and my wife, hopefully you too!

(do not buy magnesium oxide because the body can't absorb it in that form)

raggamuffin
07-17-2013, 06:24 AM
The dread/fear/worry is what the anxiety feeds off of. If you can fully 100% accept it's anxiety then that is the first and most important step to curing yourself. There's hundreds of people on here who have the same problem. Dizziness is a very common symptom. but this is the thing, let the symptoms happen. YOu can't fight them. Worrying about them and panicking is what makes the symptoms in the first place. yoru body gives off these symptoms to say it's under a lot of stress.

So do it a favour, don't worry about it. Realize it is anxiety. This takes practice, but you have to respond with apathy. Don't respond emotionally.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed