PDA

View Full Version : Was this panic??? Help

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 03:30 PM
I have been a long time sufferer of anxiety. I've always had health anxiety and always afraid of bad things happening. I have recently started counseling again due to numerous family issues and I also started on Zoloft again about two months ago which has helped my anxiety. I also have Xanax that I taped for breakthrough anxiety attacks for when I'm terrible nervous or upset about something. I have several classic anxiety symptoms however I had a first today

While sitting at work I noticed my hands felt shaky. I was trying to steady my hands above my work desk and could not keep them still. I felt like Anxiety was coming on so I got up from my desk and went to the ladies room. I felt like I was coming down walked back to my desk. This was nothing out of the ordinary. Then all of a sudden. My hands were completely numb and tingly. Almost like when you're footfalls asleep. Then I felt this incredible sense of hot and warm on the inside of my body Fuck throw my neck and my chest and my head. My heart was pounding at least three times faster than it normally does. That is an anxiety I have never had. I was getting terrified, almost like I was having a heart attack or stroke. After about 7 to 10 minutes from the initial onset of my hand shaking. I started to feel normal again although it took a solid hour before my shakes/nervousness were completely gone.

Was this what's called a full blown panic attack? I have had small anxiety attacks here and there in the past but never anything that included my heart racing. But I read other people's posts and I see that they at times have increased heart rates

Please. I welcome any comments

frankzito
07-15-2013, 03:47 PM
When mine come on, I get the tingles and hot flash in the chest area. They weren't like this in the beginning .

frankzito
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM
I should add , when I wake up with one in the middle of the night its like that. Not sure if they are full blown, but more like the beginning of one. I could be wrong

frankzito
07-15-2013, 03:53 PM
In my cases that is, sounds like you had a full blown one. Hope your doing better

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 03:56 PM
It was so scary and now I can't stop thinking about what it was and over analyzing all my body feelings right now. I took a Xanax immediately.

frankzito
07-15-2013, 03:58 PM
It was so scary and now I can't stop thinking about what it was and over analyzing all my body feelings right now. I took a Xanax immediately.

One like that sent me to the hospital for the first time. But it's gone away, and hardly get them like that anymore . You will too

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 04:00 PM
Thank you. 😊

frankzito
07-15-2013, 04:02 PM
The symptoms change back and forth, for me. I used to just rapid heart rate and tingly. Then the heat came later in the year. One symptom I can't get rid of is muscle twitches. Only when resting. But my hot feeling like your getting lasted for a few days . They told me I had insomnia and anxiety . Are you sleeping well ?

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 04:12 PM
The symptoms change back and forth, for me. I used to just rapid heart rate and tingly. Then the heat came later in the year. One symptom I can't get rid of is muscle twitches. Only when resting. But my hot feeling like your getting lasted for a few days . They told me I had insomnia and anxiety . Are you sleeping well ?

I had not been sleeping well for several weeks and wake up several times and my mouth is sore from clenching my jaw. . The last three nights I've slept with a mouth guard and with the air conditioner on so it's cooler in my bedroom and I have slept through the night. But I NEVER had heart rate increases before today. Scares me. I thought it was stroke or heart issues. I work for an insurance company and am around nurses but they were all in a meeting when this happened. I just Kaye's my head in my dead with deep breaths telling myself I was going to make it. But the heart increase and internal heat was scary

frankzito
07-15-2013, 04:17 PM
Yes, it was scary for me too, why I went to the hospital :-) I'm on beta blockers now, and my heart rate can't beat like it did before. Your probably just at a bad time and it will pass. Best wishes :-) Jason

shellsjack
07-15-2013, 04:48 PM
Thank you Jason.

frankzito
07-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Thank you Jason.

Your welcome :-)