PDA

View Full Version : New here!

brookie93
07-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Hello new here. Recently came to terms that I have severe anxiety and depression. I've always had anxiety throughout my life but after I had my little girl ( had a horrible experience with c section lost a lot of blood high fever low blood pressure put in a twilight sleep and had a bad reaction to it to where I thought I was dying ) its been so bad. I have had so many weird symptoms and had myself convinced that I had cancer aneurysms heart attack etc.. I sometimes even panic about when my next attack will be and will it be in public.. How do you cope with this and what should I do? I think my family thinks I'm crazy! It's truly a horrible disease. I need to get my life back on track but it feels like it never will.

str8trippin
07-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi Brookie...I can totally understand where you are coming from and feel like I'm in the exact same boat. I've had general anxiety for a very long time (or so I'm discovering now), but severe anxiety that has completely consumed my life over the course of the last two months, and it's become primarily health related anxiety all though I do have a lot of outside factors that are causing me stress. I also had a horrible experience when I had my daughter (now five) and thought I was going to die...I don't think I realized just how much that experience affected me until recently. Like you said, I desperately want and need to get my life back on track but I feel like I'm stuck in a never ending limbo where I won't ever feel normal again! This forum is a great place because people here can actually relate to the things you are going through and have a TON of great advice and suggestions. I've been so glad to have found this forum.

brookie93
07-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one! I seriously felt like I was the only one who felt this way . So glad to finally meet someone with a similar experience!

str8trippin
07-14-2013, 06:23 PM
You're definitely not alone...I can assure you of that! As for how to cope and what to do, I'm still figuring that out myself (seeing a doctor and starting counseling this week), but if you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate! It's sometimes just nice to be able to vent to someone who actually gets it because a lot of people don't understand.

brookie93
07-14-2013, 06:31 PM
You're definitely not alone...I can assure you of that! As for how to cope and what to do, I'm still figuring that out myself (seeing a doctor and starting counseling this week), but if you ever need someone to talk to, don't hesitate! It's sometimes just nice to be able to vent to someone who actually gets it because a lot of people don't understand.

Okay! Thank you (: same to you ! I've been thinking about getting into counseling as well

str8trippin
07-14-2013, 06:42 PM
I've never done any kind of counseling before so I'm not really sure what to expect, but I figure it can't hurt, so why not...if it can help me get through this nightmare, it's totally worth it.

brookie93
07-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Yes I agree ! I didn't like it as a kid(parents were divorced so they forced us to) but at this point ill do anything