PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and IBS link

Blessed
07-14-2013, 03:59 PM
Does anyone experience stomach pain bloating tenderness on right side that may be IBS related? How are you treating or coping? Please advise

octopus
07-14-2013, 04:32 PM
What's IBS? I have trouble eating when I'm stressed.

Blessed
07-15-2013, 11:13 AM
What's IBS? I have trouble eating when I'm stressed.

Irritable bowel syndrome

Blessed
07-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Irritable bowel syndrome

Does anyone experience stomach trouble with their anxiety? Please share your concerns

bonehead
07-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Niacin (Vitamin B3) deficiency can cause vomiting, indigestion, diarrhea, loss of appetite, fatigue, headaches, and Anxiety.

Potassium deficiency can cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, chills, unquenchable thirst, and Anxiety.

Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) deficiency can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, sore tongue, irreg heartbeat, poor balance, fatigue, and Anxiety.

Gluten intolerance can cause abdominal cramping, gurgling intestines, diarrhea, stomach spasms, brain fog, fatigue.

raggamuffin
07-16-2013, 09:41 AM
It's common yes. I had ibs like symptoms for 3 months every hour of everyday. Doctors and GP's said IBS again and again. Gave me 5 meds. Anxiety was through the roof, nothing worked. So what did I finally do? Accept it was anxiety, fully 100% accept anxiety was causing the pains. Within 48 hours the pains disappeared.

If it's gas like pain get on your knees, bum up in the air. Focus on deep relaxed breathign, on exhales really loosen your tummy. It'll help you to fart. Sometimes it's instant, other times it takes a while. but it's a very effective method.

Peppermint tea is good too. But don't convince yourself you have a condition. Accept it's anxiety, read and understand about anxiety to remove the fear and worry around symptoms your body is giving off. it's only giving out symptoms to let you know it's stressed and wants to repair itself. So let it, don't add more frea and secondary worries to an already overburndened and stressed body.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ed

Blessed
07-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the advise !! Yea at the first sign of pain in my side/ stomach my mind goes into overload thinking its cancer or liver/pancreas/appendix issues. I've tried to not think about it but the pain is still there. I'm really trying to let it go and declare it anxiety!!!!