PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety through the roof :(

aclockworkrystn
07-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm fighting some kind of bug right now, it feels like a cold but my stomach is very unsettled. I feel so tired and weak and it's giving me horrible anxiety and probably making my stomach worse. I eat and then have to go to the bathroom right after and then I feel empty and hungry all over again. I get extremely anxious when I'm hungry and especially now because it seems like everything is going right through me. I also am trying to look after my 8 month old and will be alone in a few hours because my fiancé is going to work. I'm so anxious at the thought of everything.., can anyone offer me some advice or support?

Kevcules
07-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Well.......anxiety is certainly a difficult beast to beat! :) Know that you are not alone in your battle, many of us here suffer daily as well. You probably just have a slight flu or stomach irritation hopefully and can get through it. See your doctor asap to hopefully calm your symptoms. Have you ever taken anti anxiety meds? They do work to ease the awful uneasy feeling in your stomach and body.
Try to stay calm and take your mind off yourself by giving all your attention to your wonderful child. Talking with others does get your mind thinking about other things too and not worry so much.....Good luck and Take Care! :)

aclockworkrystn
07-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Thank you... No I am not on any meds currently. I used to take Effexor but did not like how it made me feel. I want to take meds but then I know I'd worry about the side effects :(

walshmiko
07-14-2013, 08:09 PM
I feel better Im not the only one sitting here with anxiety and a stomach ache..lol I took a bath, and had an activia to help relax...The ironic thing was that it was the act of going into the super market for the freaking yogurt that pushed my stress level over the top..

meshalaw
07-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Is yogurt supposed to help with anxiety?

walshmiko
07-14-2013, 08:40 PM
it was supposed to help with my stomach, which was putting me on edge... the supermarket experience,well that called for a warm relaxing bath. Serious sat in the parking lot for 30 mins before i decided to go in..My stress level for the past few days has been off the charts.

JLBnole68
07-14-2013, 08:53 PM
New research suggests that probiotics such as those found in yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, do indeed help with anxiety. I posted a link to an article if anyone's interested in reading it.

meshalaw
07-14-2013, 09:52 PM
I'll try that I really like Greek yogurt and yes I read ur article

James D Hodge
07-15-2013, 03:28 AM
I would recommend reading 'self help for your nerves' by Dr claire weekes. its helped me a lot!

I also run my own blog on my experience with anxiety over the past 7 years and how to cope with it.

James.

My Blog - auntanxiety.blogspot

Kevcules
07-15-2013, 04:58 AM
Thank you... No I am not on any meds currently. I used to take Effexor but did not like how it made me feel. I want to take meds but then I know I'd worry about the side effects :(

Don't worry about the side effects....I mean try not to. :) There are a lot of meds that will indeed help you, some aren't for you ,but then keep trying. One of the popular ones I'm on now is Wellbutrin for depression and Clonazepam for anxiety. Both work fairly well for me and have very little "sexual" side effects which for a guy, is very important! ha ha! Don't give up on meds , they do help you get through these awful feelings. I recommend talking to a psychiatrist, they deal with mental health issues every day, they are the pros! :) Take Care! :)