PDA

View Full Version : Gym Panic.

polkalozz
07-14-2013, 03:55 AM
I start back at the gym tomorrow, first time since my anxiety began. I was wondering if anyone had any advice or tips? because im nervous about my heart beating too fast and panicking about it but I really want a good work out.

raggamuffin
07-14-2013, 04:19 AM
Raised heartrate is normal; remember that. When you're anxious you may well associate a raised heart rate with danger. But the more you exercise the more this fear will disappear. It won't happen overnight. So take it slow first.

Ed

Rickk90
07-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Iv'e been working out for four years now and for the past couple of months have been experiencing the same thing. Best thing to do is try to take is slow and don't go nuts doing too much as its only going to freak you out. I still feel these symptoms but have been trying to work around it.

vic
07-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Exercise is gud for anxiety and panic ;) but if you go thinking your going to panic then i know my self as a suffer you usually do as uv already put it in your mind so go optimistic you obviously enjoy the gym and exercise does your heart and cardio-vascular system more good than harm so just get sum good tunes in your ears nd take it easy and try not to worry and start enjoying your work ours again and the feel good hormones will kick in gud luck ;)

solta
07-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Like its been said: a raised heart rate can cause you to get a bit panicky at first but over time that will go away. I've been working out for one and a half years now and it has helped. Go work out and and it'll make you feel better, guaranteed!

polkalozz
07-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I went to the gym today, and I took the advice of not overdo-ing it. I feel great for conquering it and I didnt panic at all. Feeling good :)

vic
07-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Well done ;) on wards and upwards

solta
07-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Nicely done! :) The feeling after a good workout is great, isn't it? ;)