PDA

View Full Version : Getting anxiety and fear about starting a new job!

zurilove27
07-13-2013, 07:09 PM
This is my first time posting on this site. I have had anxiety all of my life, but the panic and fears have become increasingly worse over the past 2 months after a certain situation occurred and I went into the worst attack of my life. In a nut shell following that attack I got on Zoloft in which I had an adverse reaction that caused me to pretty much lose my mind and have suicidal thoughts. (Mind you I have NEVER in my life ever had those type of thoughts until I started taking the Zoloft). Anyways, The past 2 weeks since being off of the Zoloft have been hell, but the depression aspect has definitely improved. The main issue now is the racing thoughts, general anxiety, and fear/worry. I am a stay at home mom and a nanny. During all of this I have still continued to nanny-and everything has been fine. I KNOW I am more than capable to care for children, as I said I do have a 2yr old of my own who through out all of this I have cared for. So now I am taking on an additional child to watch, and The anxiety over it has already started. I keep reminding myself that it's just the fears/worry and that I know I am okay and capable, but it just sucks. I have been a nanny for years, and I am vary confident in my ability, but these fears are consuming me. Any advise or kind words that anyone has would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jess1988
07-13-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi zurilove27!

I find that for myself a lot of what helps me is confirmation from me that I am capable and I have been living and functioning and taking care all along and anxiety won't stop me. Have you tried saying to yourself out loud these things? Like "I have a 2 yr old that I am a wonderful parent to and I can also help take care of other children"? I'm sure you will be perfectly fine. Our minds like to psyche us out. You can do it! And you will!

zurilove27
07-13-2013, 07:45 PM
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that input. I do tell myself that in my head, and I know that it's the truth. I just HATE all the constant negative thoughts. From the outside I appear to be completely fine, but in my head my thoughts are constant. I just wonder, will the racing thoughts EVER go away? They are enough to drive one mad!

jess1988
07-13-2013, 07:49 PM
Over time we can overcome the racing thoughts, it sometimes may take medication, and not all meds work for everyone, and sometimes it's a mixture of meds and other techniques. It's good that you know and recognize the truth, just keep thinking that way, even when it seems impossible!