PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok?? Please help me.

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Hey guys...

I would just like some reasurrance...

Yesturday I had a really bad time, I called an ambulance - I thought I was having a stroke :(

They gave me a second ecg, it was all clear and good heart rythm. I have been diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder...

Right now I am having left sided sharp chest pains... Will I die? Have you had this?

I am such a paranoid person and always terrified of dying... This attack has been going on for 7 days!

xx

em1
07-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes pains like this will sometimes happen,panic attacks and anxiety can do all kinds of things to your body and mind,NO you won't die it's just anxiety,I've had so
Many things over the years and I'm still here lol

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Thank you Em!

What about right arm pain/ache?

Sorry.. so scared! Hope your doing well.

em1
07-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Thank you Em!

What about right arm pain/ache?

Sorry.. so scared! Hope your doing well.

Yes I've had that to,it's nothing,you have been Medically checked and if there was anything wrong they would have picked it up,I know it's very scary for you and you sometimes can't get your head around it but it won't allways be bad,how long have you had your anxiety and do you take anything for it?

Bam77
07-13-2013, 02:58 PM
I get chest pains all the time. I have a small hiatal hernia that can cause it. There are numerous reasons for chest pain. Most of them are benign. Gas, GERD, misaligned rib, sore ribs from chest breathing, hiatal hernia the list goes on and on. This is your anxiety.

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes I've had that to,it's nothing,you have been Medically checked and if there was anything wrong they would have picked it up,I know it's very scary for you and you sometimes can't get your head around it but it won't allways be bad,how long have you had your anxiety and do you take anything for it?

Hi Em,

I am reasonably new to anxiety I would say I have had it for roughly 1 month... My first attack was the worst as I had no idea about panic attacks and that these symptoms occured.. I was screaming the flat down, lying on the floor, running utside.. convinced I was dying! Since then I have seemed to have them most days... The one I am currently having has lasted for 7 days! It's killing me - physically and emotionally.

I have terrible leg pains, left/right arm pains/tingles/aches.. wrists hurt... feel I can't breathe... funny motuh sensations... It feels to much.

I am still so young.

I have recently been put on a beta blocker (propranolol).. I read the side effects and automatically decided not to take it after 2 tablets.

Thank you for listening.

TisdaleLondon
07-13-2013, 03:00 PM
I get chest pains all the time. I have a small hiatal hernia that can cause it. There are numerous reasons for chest pain. Most of them are benign. Gas, GERD, misaligned rib, sore ribs from chest breathing, hiatal hernia the list goes on and on. This is your anxiety.

Thank you.

It feels whenever I get over a new symptom another one occurs.... uggh...

The pains go on all day.... What do I do?

mistiblue
07-13-2013, 04:17 PM
Yep! You sound like me! New day, new symptom/ pain. I get pains in places I didn't even know existed!! Lol
Anxiety sufferers are hyper sensitive to pain. I once had a Dr. tell me that there are some people with anxiety who are so in tune with their bodies that they can hear the blood flowing!! How crazy is that? Anxiety is a very mysterious condition and can do crazy things to our minds! Deep breaths and rational thinking, these are the key!

TisdaleLondon
07-14-2013, 04:03 AM
Yep! You sound like me! New day, new symptom/ pain. I get pains in places I didn't even know existed!! Lol
Anxiety sufferers are hyper sensitive to pain. I once had a Dr. tell me that there are some people with anxiety who are so in tune with their bodies that they can hear the blood flowing!! How crazy is that? Anxiety is a very mysterious condition and can do crazy things to our minds! Deep breaths and rational thinking, these are the key!

Thank you!

Haha, yes, everyday something different... Hope your doing better now!

Keep getting the pains at random.. sometimes for a few seconds... Anxiety is evil.

raggamuffin
07-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Muscle tension is the main culprite. Fight or flight response kicking in at the drop of the hat. Too much adrenaline filling the body and muscles. You'll wind up with aches and pains in any given point in your body. If you fixate on the pain and fear it you'll make it worse. Often this fear of a pain can get so bad you wind up making it worse and possibly even wind up with a full fledged panic attack about it.

Remove the fear and anxiety has nothing to feed off of. it takes time to heal your body but it's what your body wants. Give it that opportunity by not paying attention to pains, let them do their thing, don't fight them. Complete apathy towards the symptoms should be maintained. Don't react emotionally, just remember it's a worn out body and it's crying out for rest.

Ed