PDA

View Full Version : xanax withdrawl/dependance, people out to get you feeling

artist1973
09-22-2007, 06:41 AM
I have had bad anxiety for the past 3-4 months, I was on zoloft almost 2 yrs ago, made me a zombie and I was a completely different person when I was on it. -tried cymbalta and totally freaked on it, Tried lexapro and that seemed to make it worse too. Now I am taking 2 150 wellbutrins in the am and one at night. Haven't had any bad side effects but don't feel a hell of a lot better either. I have had a string of weird run ins with people, some people at my work, some in the neighborhood and now I cant shake the fear that everyone is out to get me. I dig up anything I have done wrong or at least what someone might perceive as being wrong and feel like I am going to get in trouble for it. No ones perfect, but the way I am feeling is way beyond anything I could have done. And feeling like this is totally out of my character so that makes it worse.

Here is the problem, I have been taking xanax .25's 3 times a day for the whole 3-4 months and now I think I NEED the xanax. When I feel like garbage I think its my body needing the xanax. -I confuse it with a panic attack because it feels a lot alike. I am now trying to get off the xanax and see if the wellbutrin will work on its own.

Anyone experience the "people out to get you feeling" or also had the same problem with xanax that I am having now?

Thanks!

Razz
09-22-2007, 09:26 AM
The paranoia or people out to get you is not an uncommon feeling from a sick or aroused nervous system. At one time I was paranoid to go into my home.

Of all the benzos Xanax is best known for rapid tolerance (addiction). I was hooked in 4 weeks and took a long time to recover even after a careful taper.

For us anxiety people benzos seem to be sent from God until you need to get off. If you read the pharmacology texts these drugs are actually altering the brains receptors to make our nerves worse over time -

Raz

RichB
09-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I took Xanax 3X a day for YEARS and got off it slowly without a big problem, but the key was slowly. Of course, everyone is different and it's best to learn to alleviate your anxiety without meds.

Rich