PDA

View Full Version : Root Canal Pain...worrying :(

mistiblue
07-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Hey all :0)

I received a root canal about a month ago. All has been fine until today, it started hurting and throbbing today (of course on a Friday!!).
Anyway, I start googling and read all the things that might be wrong. Of course, I am thinking the worst (infection). I have read that a root canal failing is rare....of course it would happen to me!!!
It is making me very anxious #1 because of the pain and #2 because of the worries....
I know it is nothing "MAJOR", but I hate the dentist and anything that has to do with it. If I could I would just have all of my teeth pulled out, so I would never have to see a dentist again.

emtw12
10-14-2013, 09:02 AM
hey I need to have a root canal :( can u tell me abit about it like how long it takes etc I'm worrying like mad!

sweetypie
10-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Hey all :0)

I received a root canal about a month ago. All has been fine until today, it started hurting and throbbing today (of course on a Friday!!).
Anyway, I start googling and read all the things that might be wrong. Of course, I am thinking the worst (infection). I have read that a root canal failing is rare....of course it would happen to me!!!
It is making me very anxious #1 because of the pain and #2 because of the worries....
I know it is nothing "MAJOR", but I hate the dentist and anything that has to do with it. If I could I would just have all of my teeth pulled out, so I would never have to see a dentist again.

For me, even when I get dental work, a year later, I need to do it again. So for me, this is normal. It makes me super mad though because I hate dentists!

sweetypie
10-14-2013, 11:23 AM
hey I need to have a root canal :( can u tell me abit about it like how long it takes etc I'm worrying like mad!

I've gotten six root canals in my life time so far.

It takes about an hour to an hour and a half, depending on how many roots your teeth have. They numb your face and take an impression of those teeth, then they drill for awhile. Then they stick needles deep into your gums (it doesn't hurt and if it does, tell them that they didn't numb you up enough) to kill the roots and pull them out. Then they put liquid in the holes that your roots left and put a temporary cap on your tooth.

mistiblue
10-14-2013, 01:06 PM
It's not bad. They numb you real good, so you can't feel anything. The worst part is holding your mouth open for so long. I have had 2 and both were not bad. I have TMJ, so that's why they are bad for me. Depending on if you have an infection or not, they heal very quickly and most docs won't even do them until the infection is gone. No worries, they make them as pleasurable as possible :)