PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article About Probiotics for Treating Anxiety & Depression

JLBnole68
07-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Hello all! I found this interesting article on the use of probiotics to treat anxiety and depression. i thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Here's the link if you're interested in reading it: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/are-probiotics-new-prozac

Hope everyone's doing well or will be doing well soon.
Jeff

SmokeyYogi
07-14-2013, 05:50 PM
Well, that IS very interesting ! I had a massive candida overgrowth some months ago (and health anxiety , hurrah !) -my doc told me to Cut out sugar and take probiotics .. But since theyre really expensive i stopped after a month or so .. Eating a little sugar now and not taking probiotics .. And having a Body that wont work with me + anxiety .. Im going straight ón those pills again ! Thx for The link !

Dcoito
07-14-2013, 07:04 PM
Hello all! I found this interesting article on the use of probiotics to treat anxiety and depression. i thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Here's the link if you're interested in reading it: http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/are-probiotics-new-prozac

Hope everyone's doing well or will be doing well soon.
Jeff

So wired because I eat activia yogurt twice a day, and have been for over A year but in may I came down with anxiety.

JLBnole68
07-14-2013, 08:44 PM
There are many different types of probiotics. I'm sort of experimenting with different types to see if any work better than others. I have digestive issues as well, so that's what led me down this path. Even different brands or types of yogurt contain different strains. Some may have more noticeable benefits than others. As I said, I'm still experimenting, even with pill form probiotic supplements (although, yes, these are rather expensive). But hey, what's money if you don't feel well, right? I'm willing to try just about anything. I thought the research in this article was pretty interesting. It may or may not work for everyone, but anything's worth a go to kick anxiety as far as I'm concerned as long as it's safe.

Dcoito
07-14-2013, 08:51 PM
True! Worth talking to my doctor about as well!