PDA

View Full Version : Screaming,can anyone hear me?

kimby88
07-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Hey,

So here's my story. I'm Kimberly,24 from Scotland. I have had anxiety disorder for 11 years. Sometimes I feel I'm waiting to die. Right now I have a kidney infection and my back hurts,chest hurts,neck hurts. I feel so lightheaded I am on my period also(tmi) sorry. I'm so afraid and I don't know how to convince myself that I'm not dying. :(

Shepard
07-12-2013, 07:04 PM
I know how hard it can be to accept that what we feel is as simple as anxiety, but I would look at your 11 years dealing with it almost as a good thing...since its been 11 years and you're still here, and I'm assuming the worst that has happened was a few bad panic attacks, you can fall back on that and say you know what? I've felt this way for 11 years and I'm still alive and healthy..I must be a really strong person.

If anything were wrong with you, you would know by now. Docs would have caught it, and you would have deteriorated over the years. Whenever you start feeling anxious, just say out loud to yourself, it's anxiety, whatever I'm feeling right now is a normal symptom of anxiety, there is nothing physically wrong with me. Do it every time and eventually you'll believe it and the fear will go away.

mkeenan
07-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Try not to worry, the kidney infection sucks plus the cramping from your monthly is not helping im sure.
i know the feeling of wanting to die because of how hard it is to cope with the anxiety it almost seems easier than dealing with it but i can assure you its not.
remember that day to day your not dying your living. it took me a long time to realize that we dont feel a little funny then just drop dead it just dosent work that way, not even when someone has a terminal illness it takes a long time. so tomorrow when you wake up (and you will), remind yourself that you woke up and your not going to die today. then live your life and do everything you desire, have no regrets and no apologies. I hope you feel better soon

kimby88
07-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you :) I'm feeling better. I was able to get out today and go. Walk with my children and the horses. Seeing them all smiles reminded me I'm staying for a long time. I may have anxiety but that's all it is xxxx