PDA

View Full Version : Weird bump on leg

Stephj526
07-12-2013, 05:46 PM
I have this weird bump on my inner thigh, never had it before. Noticed it yesterday for the first time. It's not like protruding out, just something I felt. Like a knot under the skin almost. It's warm, but not hot to the touch.

So of course my mind goes straight to blood clot since that's one of my biggest fears and I've traveled 3 times in the last 2 months. But I'm trying to tell myself that my leg isn't swelling and it would be if there was a clot.

Can't see doc until Monday though.

mkeenan
07-12-2013, 10:34 PM
im in the same boat right now i went to doc had the doppler and no clot, still scared about it though. i have also traveled for work twice in one month and have since told them that i will be driving on any future trips. if theres no swelling and its not hot to the touch ( they said really hot ) its probably a fatty cyst. dont worry ...lol i know thats not going to happen until monday but try not to and dont google anything it always pulls up the worst. i googled sore throat for longer than a week one time and it said i had AIDS which led to a fight with the wife (who must have cheated) and a trip to the clinic. no aids, she diddnt cheat and i felt like a jerk so no google. i hope all turns out well

Jessicaleanne1992
07-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Sorry you're scared about this. I think if it was a clot your leg would be swollen like you said. It's probably a harmless cyst. It sucks being freaked out about health issues. I get scared all the time that something awful is happening to me. I wish I could have a doctor on call 24/7 to calm my fears lol. A girl can dream.