PDA

View Full Version : After affects of lexapro and concerns

jinx136
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
I stopped taking my lexapro 10 mg, twice daily, due to it making me very tired.
I am still on Buspirone 10 mg, twice daily, although it is not great.
I am considering taking my prescription of Effexor xr 75 mg, 1 day, which I have not started yet.
Yet...

The real problem is that only in the last 8 days, I keep having a severe sexual side effect, and I need to know if you have heard anything about this problem.

During the last three episodes of sex, during ejaculation, I black out, get a severe headache, and even feel like a giant tremor or mild seizure has happened. No it is not great sex, this feels very unpleasant.

The last time, I was lying down, hydrated, and trying to control my breathing.

Has this happened to you, and what might be the cause?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

frankzito
07-12-2013, 03:16 PM
I've gotten dizzy during also and felt faint, I though it was just the anxiety. I also take 10mg of lexapro . Never thought that it might be the drug . It's only once a year anyway, no joke

jinx136
07-12-2013, 03:27 PM
Sorry about the lack of sex.

Although, count my out for sex if this is the normal. I mean this is no feeling faint thing. It is a straight out, blackout.
You think it could be the anxiety? Could the medications after years of use, kinda numbed my brain, so that it cannot handle the big O?

frankzito
07-12-2013, 03:40 PM
Sorry about the lack of sex.

Although, count my out for sex if this is the normal. I mean this is no feeling faint thing. It is a straight out, blackout.
You think it could be the anxiety? Could the medications after years of use, kinda numbed my brain, so that it cannot handle the big O?

Thanks, I'm used to it now anyway. I didnt realize you had been on them that long . Not sure, really . I'm about four months on full dose, was only taking half before that. Going on a year and half of having anxiety issues. It is pretty intense during he big O lol so maybe it could be. But if you are still feeling anxious all the time, it could be that?

Ryaan
07-12-2013, 05:44 PM
During an orgasm your blood pressure shoots up, hearts going at about 140-150, your body shoots out a massive amount of Cortisol, (stress) hormone, serotonin, and dopamine, this mixed with your hormonal medications can cause you black out and feel faint ect.

mkeenan
07-12-2013, 10:53 PM
they could be tension headaches. i had them years ago but only during orgasm. when it would happen it felt like my brain was going to burst out of my skull. it hurt really bad . during this time i was drinking and smoking alot but i wasnt on any meds.

Ahlstrom
07-13-2013, 12:14 AM
This is quite scary to hear as a fellow Lexapro taker :P How long did it take your libido to recover after stopping Lexapro? I'm on 40mg daily and noticed it come back a bit after 4 days of forgetting my medicine, now I'm looking at more meds to fix my libido issue... it sucks!

During an orgasm your blood pressure shoots up, hearts going at about 140-150, your body shoots out a massive amount of Cortisol, (stress) hormone, serotonin, and dopamine, this mixed with your hormonal medications can cause you black out and feel faint ect.

I assume you meant his Busporine?

jinx136
07-15-2013, 07:46 AM
Libido came back very strong, right away in about 1 - 2 weeks.

I think I weened myself off my meds way to fast. Only 3-10 days from 20 mg to nothing, except buspirone.

Hopefully my doctor will at least let me speak to him.